NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

American Alpha have barely gotten a reaction these past couple of weeks, such a shame.

Ā 

It's funny how you mention that, I was watching Backlash 03 earlier with the Guerreros vs Team Angle and the fans wasn't into that either, a tag match back then that we could only wish would happen in todays WWE. I know its not NXT, different times and wrestlers and all that but American Alpha remind me of Team Angle.Ā 

NXT Takeover announced for Toronto as part of Survivor Series weekend, the crowd will be piping hot.

Ā 

On a side note the next NXT champion will be the 10th champion, how cool would it be if Dillinger were to do it?

Ā 

Speaking of Dillinger, with the whole '10' thing wouldn't it be cool if he had a finisher that was a 10 count out? Not sure if that's ever been done before?

The Goon did that in the mid 90s. His finisher was a hockey style body tackle on the outside, and then he would roll into the ring for the count out victory.

NXT have a couple of months to slow build characters and feuds. Plenty time to build up joe nakamura 2, roode, Aries vs Itami, , amber moon vs asuka, revival . In a 2 hour show that's all you need

• Paid Members

NXT have a couple of months to slow build characters and feuds. Plenty time to build up joe nakamura 2, roode, Aries vs Itami, , amber moon vs asuka, revival . In a 2 hour show that's all you need

Exactly. Plus you can probably guarantee that Survivor Series, as per usual, will be fucking tripe.

• Awards Moderator

I thought Hideo's promo this week was the best he's done so far, I particularly loved the mention of his "sockless loafers", that made me chuckle. He's still miles behind Nakamura with his delivery but it's nice to see him improving.Ā 

Ā 

Was it me or did it feel like Austin Aries' interview should have been on before Itami's? Just things like the sockless loafers, the way Hideo mentioned them made it sound like we should have already known that reference - and Aries brings them up later in the episode. I'm not describing this very well, but it did seem that they should have been the other way round.

Ā 

NXT Takeover announced for Toronto as part of Survivor Series weekend, the crowd will be piping hot.

On a side note the next NXT champion will be the 10th champion, how cool would it be if Dillinger were to do it?

Speaking of Dillinger, with the whole '10' thing wouldn't it be cool if he had a finisher that was a 10 count out? Not sure if that's ever been done before?

The Goon did that in the mid 90s. His finisher was a hockey style body tackle on the outside, and then he would roll into the ring for the count out victory.

The Beserker used to throw people to the floor and win by count out. I loved the Beserker.

What a cracking little match between Aries and Andrade that was.

Ā 

Andrade is a tough one, he is so good in the ring, but they literally couldn't have hampered him any more so than they have, he was working with Tye Dillinger off the shoot which is a no win situation, he is over as fuck in the NXT landscape, then he gets a showcase match against a debuting Bobby Roode in all his glorious splendour, now this week he is against Aries who holds such a respect that he aint going to come out top side of that deal either. I think he has definiteĀ potential, I like him,Ā but stick him in with Cutler or Dawkins or anybody really that isn't a full sail sweetheart, I wonder if they are engineering this run of opponents and losses and it leads to him snapping and turning heel, which I think he did in Mexico? I didn't see that stuff but I'm sure I read that.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

I know Aries is over like rover now, and so is Tye Dillinger, but that full sail crowd need a good slapping. Both these guys shouldn't be likeable. They don't come accross to me as cool heels and should be easy to boo and therefore Andrade should be easy to get behind. But it hasn't worked out that way so far. Now Bobby Roode, I can understand why he got cheered way above Andrade as he's fucking magnificent. Maybe I'm just not down with the cool kids because to me, Aries and Dillinger come over as two guys that I want to see get the shite beat out of them.

That's hardly down to the crowd though, is it? Creative need to make their faces more likeable and their heels more hateable, which they're not doing effectively at the moment. Aries is 20 times cooler than, for example, Andradre Cien...fuck I don't even know his name. Why wouldn't people cheer him?