NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I do reckon Asuka and Ember Moon could have a really good match when they are paired up.

Ā 

NXT has some decent women - Billie Kay and Peyton Royce (who they barely ever use). Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose are still green but have potential - but Charlotte and co. have set the bar so high they are all bound to look mediocre/average by comparison.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Not quite getting the Ember Moon hype. Am I missing something?

Ā 

She is better than everyone in the nxt womens division not named Asuka and has a great finisher. That's about it really.

Her music is brilliant too.

Ā 

Been wondering, has Austin had anything to say about her finisher? I know he was a vociferous hater of Cena's springboard stunner, but IIRC that was because he wasn't picking up wins with it.

Ā 

The logo on Angelo Dawkins' t-shirt is very similar to the infamous OGC "wanking snowman" logo, but fortunately the different order of the letters makes it less obscene.

• Awards Moderator

Fantastic episode this week, right up until the main event which felt a bit flat. Hideo is fine, but he doesn't capture my imagination like a lot of the roster do at the moment. He kind of feels out of place, a leftover from an incarnation of NXT that doesn't really exist anymore. I'm not massively keen on Dorado either.

Ā 

The rest of the show was ace though, Tye was great and I had a little moment when "GLORIOUS" hit. Those two together will be tremendous.

Ā 

Joe was on top form again. Those poor twins. Looking beyond the Nakamura rematch, can Regal do one more match? Because if he can, that has to happen.

Ā 

The two women's matches were good, Ember Moon is growing on me each time I see her, I love her finisher. Asuka vs Morgan went the way it probably should have, I think the idea of 'Asuka is the division' has to be what they're going for. Her entrance is going to look great if/when she gets to Raw or SmackDown.

Ā 

Thought AOP looked the best they've looked so far just destroying those two guys. They've got a bit of speed when they get going too. Those two versus Roode and Dillinger in the DRTTC final?

Ā 

Oh, and Blake & Murphy are together again again!

Ā 

Episodes like this are exactly the sort of thing I want from my wrestling. Great show.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Kota Ibushi and Hideo Itami are a team in the DRTTC, full line up.....

Ā 

• NXT tag champs The Revival
  • Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa
  • Hideo Itami & Kota Ibushi
  • Bobby Roode & Tye Dillinger
  • Cedric Alexander & Andrade ā€œCienā€ Almas
  • TM61
  • Sanity
  • Authors of Pain
  • Bollywood Boyz
  • Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss
Edited by Ambulance Chaser

Yeah I really loved this week's episode, echo other positive posts in here. I like enough of Ember Moon's act so far and there's still plenty of time to add some bits and bobs to the presentation and she'll be right in time for the big match agains Asuka (the Takeover at WM?) I think they could get them both there undefeated and have Asuka as a heel by then too.

Ā 

Joe, Roode and The Revival were all just fucking great weren't they?! I'm so glad they're there on NXT but they could parachuted right on to the main roster and be major deals, no bother.

Edited by NEWM

Yeah I really loved this week's episode, echo other positive posts in here. I like enough of Ember Moon's act so far and there's still plenty of time to add some bits and bobs to the presentation and she'll be right in time for the big match agains Asuka (the Takeover at WM?) I think they could get them both there undefeated and have Asuka as a heel by then too.

Ā 

Who is Asuka fighting between now and Mania though? I guess she could continue what is pretty much an Open Challenge for a match with her/her title, with the rest of the roster (not including Moon) fighting her every couple of weeks, but I'm not sure they have enough wrestlers for that to work until next year.

Yeah, I reckon open challenges on TV keep her busy, and then they can ship somebody decent off the main shows for her to beat in something high profile for NXT and for a soft launch for her character on the main roster.

Ā 

If she's not the Raw Women's Champion by that point and they commit a shred of story to it, Charlotte could put her over in a huge Takeover match. You could probably put that on last in fact.

Ā 

Been wondering, has Austin had anything to say about her finisher? I know he was a vociferous hater of Cena's springboard stunner, but IIRC that was because he wasn't picking up wins with it.

Ā 

Ā 

He talked about it with Wade Keller during the podcast they did about NXT Takeover Brooklyn 2. He was basically positive about it and thought it looked impressive (though questioned how successful she'd be at being able to pull it off every time).

Confused by the Asuka-Liv Morgan match. Either they are going to go for an angle with Liv asking for another chance (or several) and showing improvement, or it's the only way they have of keeping Asuka on-screen. The match did less than nothing for Liv, and arguably nothing for Asuka either as she's already known as an ass-kicking machine.Ā 

They've only got 1 takeover to get through before the Mania one. I'm expecting the rush Ember Moon to the match but maybe not winning it in November. Liv could be in some sort of storyline failing that I really don't know what they've got to even keep her busy with minimal appearances. Not sure who I would bring down to feud with her in the meantime either.Ā