NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

If Hideo really is out for several more months then surely that's game for him now ? There's only so much momentum you can lose before people just stop caring. It's such a shame, he had a cracking debut and was right up there with Finn Balor and Kevin Owens as an emerging superstar.

Ā 

He was one of my absolute favourites in Japan, too. I really hope things start going right for him, pronto.

Can you imagine if he got released?

Ā 

'What did you get from your time in America?'

'A fucking gnarly scar from a botched shoulder surgery...... and, erm..... yeah, thats it....'

Is there a possibility they're barking up the wrong tree with Roode a bit? I absolutely love him and we know he's a dab hand at anything they'll ask of him, but I just cannot see this character getting booed in 2016, no matter how great a heel he plays.

Ā 

I don't care if he's brilliant at the snivelling arrogant heel, the second that music hits before his match with Tye at Takeover (if we assume that's where this is headed?), the fans will blow the roof off. And not just in the way where they quite like Joe, or can't help enjoying Owens. In Brooklyn he got a MONSTER response. I had fantasy booked Roode and Dillinger winning the whole thing to be honest, I was excited for a few weeks of their makeshift chemistry before the inevitable turn.

Ā 

Great show as per. NXT, man. The safest bet in the game since two thousand and redemption.

• Paid Members

I really liked the Sanity debut. The "swinging lightbulb" spotlight in the entrance was a great effect. Excited by the prospect of Sanity vs Authors of Pain somewhere down the line.

Ā 

Interesting that given the chance to tweak the name, Nikki (Glen)Cross had kept the forename when Bella is still around. This role seems a good fit for her though, I'm not massively familiar with her but she seemed a little miscast as a smiley babyface in that tag a while back.

If Vince was hands on with NXT Moss and Sabbatelli would be getting pushed to the moon!

There still feels to me like there's something missing with TM61. I think it's just that Thorne appears so much better than Miller.

God I wish they'd give Buddy Murphy some character! I really rate him, but they just don't seem bothered

Didn't know if I liked the idea of Nakamura as avenging, brawling badass but he looked cool as fuck!

With regards to Sanity, I like Nikki Cross as the almost feral member but Wolfe and, especially, Fulton don't convince quite yet.

We have got into the subject of spoilers a lot lately ,with WWE announcing stuff via social media before mentioning it on TV.

Ā 

So I don't know if the 6 words shown in the above post are officially a spoiler, but it's something I would put in spoiler tags so as to not annoy people who just watch the stuff play out on TV.

I would say it's safer to put stuff in spoiler tags. I tend to do a pretty good job of avoiding NXT spoilers and came in here to read about comments about the last aired show.

Ā 

Actually don't we have a spoiler thread? I'm sure this happened with the last set of tapings.

Edited by DavidB6937

Sorry to double post, the Women's Title Match spoiler distracted me from why I opened this topic in the first place.

Ā 

Interesting that given the chance to tweak the name, Nikki (Glen)Cross had kept the forename when Bella is still around. This role seems a good fit for her though, I'm not massively familiar with her but she seemed a little miscast as a smiley babyface in that tag a while back.

Ā 

I thought the same thing about Cross. Smiley babyface definitely looked odd a few weeks back and she wasn't able to show the anger and aggression that got her over so much in the UK.

It was all there this week though, I really liked her wildly beating the shit out of Dillinger before being dragged off. And while I have not bought into the forced angry faces of Alexa Bliss & Billie Kay in the past, when Cross unmasked she looked like a legitimate nutcase.

Ā 

We know what Eric Young brings to the table, but I'm not convinced about the other two lads at this early stage.

• Paid Members

I thought the show was fantastic this week, a great varied hour of wrestling. At face value, bringing back the Dusty tag tournament after just one year and so hot on the heels of a main roster tag tournament might not seem like the most inspired creative idea, but what it does is brilliant for NXT. It gives matches real meaning and legitimises debuts. Just works really well for the developmental system.

Ā 

Enjoyed the fans really getting into Roode and Dillinger's schtick together, only for Bobby to completely heel them off. Maybe they could have stretched that angle through to a second round match, but it was fine as it was. The presentation of Sanity's entrance was phenomenal, but the reveal of Wolfe and Fulton as two of the guys was pretty underwhelming. Those two have never impressed me in any fashion when they have made sporadic appearances in the past, but to be fair to them they have always been on the business end of squash matches. As a group they look pretty good together, if a little too TNA for my taste.

Ā 

Tino's look is so good it is practically retro in today's business. He looks every bit like he belongs on an episode of WCW Thunder. I like him already, just because I know that Full Sail won't. He's just what NXT needs in a heel. Same goes for Moss, to a slightly lesser extent.

Ā 

Still remain to be at all impressed by TM61. I actually thought Tino and Moss look a better team than them already. The Aussies are just way too bland for me. I'm not that keen on the Australian girls either, for that matter, but it is logical to put them together.

Ā 

The future doesn't look all that bright for Blake and Murphy and I can't say I'm bothered either. Joe did everybody a favour. He killed it on the mic too, he might be the best in the whole company at promos. He's so believable. I liked the end of the show, felt like proper wrestling TV.

It's a bit of a grey area with spoilers lately. If usually say if it's. If it hasn't aired on TV/the network the I'd say it's a spoiler, but if WWE have plastered it all over social media and announced it on their website, then it's information they've put out there for all too see.

Ā 

Didn't we have a seperate 'spoiler pace' NXT thread going?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

It's a bit of a grey area with spoilers lately. If usually say if it's. If it hasn't aired on TV/the network the I'd say it's a spoiler, but if WWE have plastered it all over social media and announced it on their website, then it's information they've put out there for all too see.

This would be correct.

• Awards Moderator

Enjoyed that show. I love Roode's entrance, Sanity were fine, TM61 are growing on me but I'd like them to get some matching outfits before I'm fully on board, the Blake-Murphy match was alright, looked like they were actually trying to clobber each other rather than run through move sequences. Blake's music might be the worst I've ever heard, however. That 40 minutes of silence before it kicks in properly is a killer.

Ā 

5 Australians on this week's show. Coincidence or a good way to prepare for the Aussie tour in December?

Ā 

Anyway, final segment was superb. Joe and Nakamura both fantastic. Great great ending. REEEEEEEEEEGGGAAAAALLLL!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator