NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

First time seeing Strong. Seems like a super generic workrate wanker. I hope I'm wrong.

He was sporting the haircut of a middle-aged bank manager, which hardly helps.

• Paid Members

Roderick Strong always seemed like the epitome of Kevin Nash's Vanilla Midget group to me.

Bring him in to work with green guys in NXT, and stay there, to allow the likes of Joe, Roode and Nakamura to move up to where they should be. That should be his purpose.

I mean, I like him. I've been a ROH fan of varying degrees for years, and he's got a hell of a catalogue. He's just not somebody I ever envisioned being here. A pretty dire talker in all honesty, though heeling with Aries should get him off on the best possible footing. An NXT exclusive role is probably a very good idea

Nikki Cross is great in her gimmick. The women's division has moved so far in 2 weeks with Cross, the Royce+Billie Kay partnership which will provide good foil for Asuka. They also have that imposing looking MMA lass from that 6 woman a few weeks ago under the surface as well as Ember Moon making steady progress. Good stuff, you wondered just where the hell it would go after Bayley but this storytelling and the announcement of the Mickie James match to give them even more time - the future looks very bright

• Paid Members

I was bored earlier and started reading some websites predict the Survivor Series match line-ups. Stupidly went on Bleacher, who believe Aries/Strong should be added to the Raw team in the 20-man tag. What?! He's been on NXT once, where he hasn't really had a chance yet to prove himself and they think he should be on WWE PPV straight away? Nutters.

What I do see happening is the Aries/Strong team sticking and having them take over from The Revival as the top non-monster heel tag when they eventually move up.

Billie Kay...there's something about her. She looks bad news, but in a good way.

• Paid Members

I think they're above that. Authors of Pain seems to be a disposable gimmick that will keep those two big lads in it for a short while until they inevitably start to lose, where it's then pointless. Bit like The Ascension, but with perhaps a bit more upside. I don't see the guys doing the AOP gig getting much further than a short squash run at best, I know it's early days but they don't look great.

Tucker Knight looks promising, the other one even more so. Reminds me of Dave Mastiff.

Edited by PunkStep

A pretty dire talker in all honesty, though heeling with Aries should get him off on the best possible footing. An NXT exclusive role is probably a very good idea

I remember his promos in his early ROH days were super-camp, I'm guessing he hasn't improved much then? Putting him in a tag team with someone more charismatic (no shortage of possibilities there) probably is the best way to cover up his lack of personality. 

• Paid Members

His best work in the last couple of years has been as a dickhead - a long PWG title reign last year, and matches in the UK vs Will Ospreay spring to mind immediately. That's completely from an in-ring perspective though, his promos still suck.

DIY felt another instant failure to me as a name too, but I felt exactly the same with Jordan & Gable and Dash & Dawson but both team names grew on me eventually. I imagine it'll seem fine soon enough.

More great stuff this week as usual, up and down the card. Except Hoho Lun, he's the pits isn't he?

Hohu Lun is abysmal. The tall fellah from China wasn't much better either.

Mustafa Ali came across a lot better in nxt that he did in CWC for me though.

Not a fan of anything hashtagged but the name DIY is decent enough.

I read Ibushi didn't sign on the back of CWC but is now in the Tag tourny, is he still part time?