NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the matches from the live shows. Felt like when ECW TV was just footage from the road. They should do it more often when they have big house shows on. Felt much fresher and everyone came off like much bigger stars in front of a proper crowd.

Going back to the more muted spoilt Full Sail crowd for the last 20 minutes really hurt in comparison.

Not chuffed about TM61 v Authors Of Pain being the final of the Dusty Classic. That was on the TV showing the pre-show matches from Takeover Brooklyn 2 and there's no reason for it to be any more competitive this time around. Plus I'm just really bored with TM61, they seem to be on every week - the only act on the brand that feels really overexposed to me. Ended up rooting for AoP v SANITY to be the final, just for the cool entrances. Dunno where SANITY go from here, heard the idea thrown out there Ciampa might turn on Gargano to join them.

Speaking of those two, their match with Authors of Pain was really really good, probably the Authors' best so far - maybe I'd have to watch that American Alpha match back again but this was just super fun.

Also surprised these semi-final matches didn't bulk up Takeover's card, as is the case with Cedric v Almas next week. I guess 5 matches is a norm for them but another 1 or 2 wouldn't have gone amiss, as I assume Aries v Itami was previously penciled in.

Edited by sj5522

Would you prefer it if Nakamura, Joe, Roode, Dillenger, Aries or Asuka were playing the joke jobber role?

Of course he wouldn't. The morons complaining that those guys don't have Ellsworth's spot are the same ones who'll cry whenever any one of them loses a competitive match against John Cena or Roman Reigns,

Edited by King Pitcos

Is it just me or do they have the Authors of Pain on the defensive a little bit too much. I get that Gargano & Ciampa would have a speed advatanage, but for me the AoP lads shouldn't be getting duplexes by guys half their size. I could buy the likes of Joe doing it, but guys like Gargano who looks like he's 12st soaking wet is a real stretch of belief

• Paid Members

TM61 vs Authors of Pain as the tournament final underwhelms me so much. I do like AoP but they're still pretty green (although this is NXT so that's to be expected with some acts) and I really like Shane Thorne, but fuck me Nick Miller is so bland. Bland physique, bland head, bland offense.

Only me who thinks most of Nakamura's strikes look like shit? Most of those knees to the security guys at the end looked terrible. Still, I'm expecting this Joe/Nakamura match to piss all over the first one, should be a lot more heated. Really hope we get a future Joe/Regal match too, let Regal get a little offence in but for the most part it should be a Lesnar-esque mauling. The Joe/Regal interplay is probably my favourite thing on the show right now.

Fully expecting DIY vs Revival to steal the show at Takeover again. Big fan of Ciampa, could see him playing the ruthless nutter role as a heel on the Smackdown midcard easily.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

That's two matches on the bounce that Nick Miller's been kept out of it. Maybe they do see the star in Shane Thorne but have some kind of obligation to keep Miller around. I'm still calling an imminent tandem in Thorne and Murphy. The energy seems a better fit and I can easily imagine cheesy tag stuff like Murphy arms out pose through the ropes and Thorne doing his War Boys thing above him.

I knew shenanigans were on the way in one of the semis and this was the smart thing to do. Forgot the Revival/CGI (bollocks to DIY, even Graves pointed out how false that is) feud was still ongoing. But that's a cool thing about NXT - they're not afraid to keep a feud going without having the two parties at each other every week.

I'm sticking with my prediction of AoP to steamroll TM61 (after a flurry of false finishes for Miller) then smash the trophy apart and Ellering to warn the champions that they're next.