NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

Bobby Roode's entrance was a thing of beauty. What a way to start things off!

Wasn't keen on TM61 vs AOP, no way those two big guys should be being thrown around so easily.

Tag Title match was stunning. I loved it, got properly hooked in. One of my top 3 matches this year.

I wonder if Asuka will ever be beaten. It feels like Ember Moon's the one to do it but I don't know if anyone will feel worthy at this point!

Enjoyed the main event more than Brooklyn. When Nakamura does his shaky shaky thing there's nothing in the world like it, I wish he'd remember to sell a bit more though. Didn't know which way it was going to go but interested to see what happens next. Joe's going to be unbearable with Regal now. I'd rather not have another rematch though...

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Who will beat Asuka is even tougher to call when you consider you can't really tell if Asuka is supposed to be a face or a heel atm. 

I guess she is leaning heel, leaving it up to Ember Moon, and time will tell if that will be successful or not, but if she's a face there's a lot more you can work with I think. Peyton, Billie Kay, Nikki Storm are already built up pretty nicely, and you don't need to do much with that Daria lass from MMA to make her a serious threat. You'd also think it'd be easier to get a non-clean win over

• Paid Members

Who will beat Asuka is even tougher to call when you consider you can't really tell if Asuka is supposed to be a face or a heel atm.

I guess she is leaning heel, leaving it up to Ember Moon, and time will tell if that will be successful or not, but if she's a face there's a lot more you can work with I think. Peyton, Billie Kay, Nikki Storm are already built up pretty nicely, and you don't need to do much with that Daria lass from MMA to make her a serious threat. You'd also think it'd be easier to get a non-clean win over

She refused to shake Mickie'a hand so definitely leaning more to heel.

Victoria would be cool. I've been hoping Beth Phoenix might make a comeback too.

Just looking at the division they've got though, I can't believe they're going with Asuka as a heel. None of the women are gonna be more over than her. They're risking sabotaging the Ember Moon push, the fans might reject it. I know Asuka v Moon is pretty clearly the direction they're headed, but I'd honestly save that for some other time. Have Peyton or Billie as transitional champs after an uncharacteristic-of-NXT dirty title change is the way I'd go

Otherwise, they better start bringing back blasts from the past, because apart from Ember, the babyfaces on that roster are Liv Morgan and Aliyah. Yeah.

Kharma would be amazing to come back. For one, that fucks off Nia Jax - Kong fucking puts her to shame. And an Asuka match sounds droolworthy.

She's not with TNA now though, personal problems seemed to have pushed her away from the biz and I don't think she's on the best terms with WWE either

Edited by sj5522

Bring Bobby Roode up to the main roster and give him all the belts plz.

Just when I start to get drained by week after week of disappointing Raws and main-roster PPVs along comes another fantastic Takeover to revive my interest in Pro Wrestling once again. That tag match was stellar and I imagine now on most peoples MotY list, right ?

Edited by Love-Wilcox

My top 3 for the company this year is Zayn/Nakamura, AJ/Cena (at Summerslam) and that tag match, and you know what? I'd put that tag match top of the pile I think. AJ/Cena I was sort of rooting for the heel AJ despite also being a Cena fan. Nakamura was never gonna lose his debut.

In terms of suspense and just willing the babyfaces on with everything you've got - I've not seen a finer example of it since Bayley v Sasha at the first Takeover Brooklyn. And EVEN then, Sasha is not on the level of heel bastardry as The Revival

Seriously, I love love LOVE this match. I watched it again this morning and it's just wonderful, so well paced.

Big props to DIY despite the shitey name. I'd seen a bit of Ciampa in ROH and thought he was a fun worker, so was mildly predisposed to take to him, but I'm not someone who's seen much PWG so Gargano meant nothing to me. And it's been a slow build for him going from Just another good in-ring guy - which means next to nothing in 2016 - to a super good babyface I've really come to appreciate. They've both come a very long way, if at the start of the year you told me these four would have my MOTY ahead of efforts from Naka, AJ, Joe, etc. I've have told you you were a bit mental. 

But that's NXT, why oh why can't the character development be as good on the main roster?

Edited by sj5522