NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I actually like the guy, I think he's good at having decent fun contests and have particularly enjoyed the matches with Nakamura and Roode but I don't see him going much higher than like, Tyler Breeze or someone like that. Worse promo and less personality too, so he may go straight to the job bin with the Vaudevillains. I hope the gimmick can take him a smidge further though.

He's a decent hand stuck with a boring gimmick.  As you say, if after a decade he hasn't come up with a compelling character, chances are he's not going to.

Keep him on NXT and transition him into a trainer, but don't expose him to a main roster, there's no point.

---

On a different topic, do people think Bobby Roode is going to stick around in NXT for a year, or move on up?  If Joe is heading to Raw or Smackdown at Rumble time, I suppose Roode replaces him as top heel.

On a different topic, do people think Bobby Roode is going to stick around in NXT for a year, or move on up?  If Joe is heading to Raw or Smackdown at Rumble time, I suppose Roode replaces him as top heel.

I personally would love Roode to win the NXT title, and then show up on the next NXT tv stating he's used NXT as a stepping stone to RAW/Smackdown, and vacate the belt/walk out. Bit of heat on his way up and use it for video packages etc.

On a different topic, do people think Bobby Roode is going to stick around in NXT for a year, or move on up? If Joe is heading to Raw or Smackdown at Rumble time, I suppose Roode replaces him as top heel.

I personally would love Roode to win the NXT title, and then show up on the next NXT tv stating he's used NXT as a stepping stone to RAW/Smackdown, and vacate the belt/walk out. Bit of heat on his way up and use it for video packages etc.

I like that actually, I'd have him win the belt at the takeover before Mania, then have him come out and do a 5 min promo on Mania itself and declare the belt vacant and announce he will be on Raw the next night.

• Paid Members

Personally, I rather they wait until they have something for Roode etc to do before bringing them up. Roode can be huge for them, but you need to do it right. Look at one Sami Zayn, for example. Looked to have all the potential in the world on NXT but he's a bit of a nothing these days.

I think the problem with Tye will be that his gimmick is a heel gimmick, I think his work lately as the sympathetic face has been well done, but that won't translate. He needs to be heel to properly prosper, but will fans allow it?

Let Roode hold that NXT gold through most of 2017. He's not ancient, there's plenty of mileage in him as he works a safe style and there's lots of character still to be further developed in doubtlessly the best place for it. Joe and Naks should both be up by at least the post-Mania Raw/SD and one of them should debut in the Rumble

DIY come out, "You deserve it!" Oh fuck off. I am looking forward to what I imagine will be DIY v AoP somewhere down the line.

Then Rich Swann comes out, "You Derseve It!" oh fuck right off, why does he?. And what is with those little wings on Swann's trunks? Makes him look proper small time.

I was wondering if Eric Young was injured or not, but it's good to see him back in the ring. I've always thought he's a really good hand.

Suprised to see Damo debut so soon, but fair play to him and hopefully he makes the most of it

I hope they put Ember Moon into something meaningful soon. She's been there since August and not done a whole lot of note. When she goes up for her finisher, the hard cam side stand up like a bunch of Meercats, it's hilarious.

The ring announcer making the 'One Fall' a thing can do one.

Part of me was wanting Nakamura to come out to his New Japan theme. I knew it wasn't going to happen, but was still hoping.

Always like to see the streamers, and I'm suprised that Full Sail haven't tried to knock that for their shows and pass it off as their creation.

Id like to know how much they cut from this as the match had barely started, they showed an ad for Total Divas, then cut back to Nakamura in a crossface potentially going to submit. What they did show was fine, but it's hard to rank this against their Takeover matches as it plays out very much like the second half of a longer match.

They Whatted Paul fucking Ellering. What a bunch of cocks.

Fairly dull episode, obviously a post-Takeover comedown.

Nice tag angle overall, although it would've been nice to have Gargano and Ciampa say anything rather than stand around like goons.

Tye is Marmite, and I personally love him. He comes across as a decent guy, cuts good understated promos. They're trying a bit hard to give him the Sami Zayn treatment, pushing him as a self doubting everyman, but I don't think he's had a bad match in years. Pointing him at the title is a bit much though. I see him as a solid main roster opening match hype spot.

There must be a reason why the women they bring in to feed their stars are so awful despite supposed years of experience on the indies. I still don't get what Ember Moon is.

Joe and Shinsuke just haven't clicked. I hope the next match ends the feud because this was boring and disappointing.

There must be a reason why the women they bring in to feed their stars are so awful despite supposed years of experience on the indies. I still don't get what Ember Moon is.

I might get a bit of flack for this, but is it because like 90% of all current women's wrestlers.....are terrible? Don't get me wrong, its nothing like "Women can't do it as good as men" as I'm well aware they can, but very few that I've seen seem to genuinely not be afraid of getting hurt.

Gail Kim, Awesome Kong, Victoria, Mickie James and even Trish (after a long time bare in mind) are all women wrestlers that I really like. Charlotte is a prime example of somebody finally understanding what it takes, as at first all I could say was "well she's athletic" when she was in NXT. 

Most of the indy girls just look really afraid of hurting themselves, and then wrestle like that accordingly.

Trish (after a long time bare in mind) 

Trish certainly has spent a long time bare, in my mind.

Yoshihiro Takayama in the Osaka crowd, I love him but damn you can't miss that ugly mug at all xD

Really solid episode I thought. I wouldn't mind seeing Tye win this tourny and go on to have what should be a good match with Nakamura, though should he lose (and I imagine he will) I can't see what's left for him in NXT.

Oh, absolutely adored that backstage bit with Asuka and Nikki Cross.