NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I thought Nakamura / Joe was the closest so far to the sort of match I'd have expected or hoped for when he was with New Japan. His best to date in NXT, by a distance, on first viewing at least. They managed to fit a lot of action into 20 minutes. His selling can still be erratic and whether he'll ever improve on that front, I dunno.

• Paid Members

Regarding his selling, isn't that mostly down to the style over in Japan? I'm not the biggest Puro connoisseur, but I've seen enough over the years to see that they sell far less often and less elaborately than over in the States. Fighting spirit and all that.

• Paid Members

That's not really the case. There's an art to Fighting Spirit when it's done right. I wouldn't call it no selling just delayed selling - the basic idea being you're hurt but you're refusing to give your opponent the satisfaction of showing it. It usually catches up to people.

Ā 

This doesn't really apply and is nothing new with Nakamura though. His selective selling (and actually his not-arsedness for less important matches) was a criticism you'd hear quite often in some circles for his New Japan stuff. He's just otherwise so good it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Benno

It's the erratic nature that's always been the problem for me. Sell (preferably) or not, but don't be half-arsed about it. If for example, someone's worked a particular limb and as a result he's looking legit' injured, shouting & writhing around in pain, selling it for the next 5-10 minutes or whatever, don't suddenly forget about it and continue the match like nothing's happened, or worse still, routinely use said limb as an offence. It just makes a nonsense of what's gone before.

Edited by KingofSports

I have to say, I absolutely love theĀ Sanity entrance, the music, the smoke, the lighting. It's cracking. I think with a little tweaking they could be a real force and have some presence on the show, with 2 of the 4 going for the tag straps and the girl going for the women's title. Something still isn't convincing me though once the music stops and the lights come on, that weirdo spastic moshing by wolff makes me howl with laughter not think "oh something is a bit off with him" in aĀ crazy type of way.

Ā 

It is a very interesting group and I hope they succeed.

Yeah, really fond of that whole presentation, even like Wolfe's moshing.

Ā 

Also, No Way Jose is really decent isn't he? When he first debuted I was not impressed, thought he was gonna be the drizzles, but he's a really convincing promo with a solid amount of charisma and character value. A team of him and Swann would easily get over on the mains I reckon.

Fuck, that finish from Ember Moon was particularly brutal looking this week.

Ā 

Echo the thoughts on No Way Jose. He's a convincing promo, a big good looking guy and he can go in the ring for the most part. If they look after him he could easily be a star on the main roster.

Ā 

That Daria girl... She has a great look and comes across as an intimidating force but she's still too green for my liking. She lacks all of those little subtleties that make a good wrestler. There's still plenty of time for her to improve and I'm sure she'll be something in the future.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That Daria girl... She has a great look and comes across as an intimidating force but she's still too green for my liking. She lacks all of those little subtleties that make a good wrestler. There's still plenty of time for her to improve and I'm sure she'll be something in the future.Ā 

Agreed. She needs to find that balance between the bad-ass MMA fighter that will smash your teeth in or rip your arm off and pro wrestler in my opinion.

Ā 

She is still very green though, as has been said, so given time hopefully she will grow into the character.

I'm really struggling to imagine any of the other 3 from the Sanity group on the main roster. Nikki is particularly odd looking put up against the rest of the womens' roster on any show and I'm not sure why she was signed really as an on-screen talent.

Ā 

Eric Young will be fine but he probably needs to get as far away from these misfits as possible.

Ā 

Loved the Aussie girls' 80's style singlets. Liv has proper wrestling gear finally. It still looks like shit.