NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

So it looks like it's Fulton out, Damo in perhaps? 

Fucking marked for this. What an improvement that is. Fulton was dead weight, Damo is a beast. And it was really well done too. God knows how far this group can do but they are one of my fav things atm with the presentation of them.

Edited by sj5522

There must be a reason why the women they bring in to feed their stars are so awful despite supposed years of experience on the indies. I still don't get what Ember Moon is.

The talent pool is just way, way smaller. That's all really. If the job girls were that impressive they wouldn't be job girls, whereas a male wrestler could put in really  respectable performances on the regular but there's just no room for him.

There must be a reason why the women they bring in to feed their stars are so awful despite supposed years of experience on the indies. I still don't get what Ember Moon is.

The talent pool is just way, way smaller. That's all really. If the job girls were that impressive they wouldn't be job girls, whereas a male wrestler could put in really  respectable performances on the regular but there's just no room for him.

It seems that WWE are looking to sign Evie, Heidi Lovelace, Kimber Lee (who fought Ember Moon this week) and Nixon Newell early next year, so NXT should have a larger talent pool to work with then.

• Awards Moderator

I've never seen and not sure I've ever heard of this Damo bloke before so the whole "oh my god that's" reaction from the announcers didn't do it for me. It's hard to find that balance between assumed knowledge of (presumably) big Indy names and stating the obvious but I was on the wrong side of that scale this time.

I loved Percy Watson in the original NXT but I wish they hadn't added a third commentator. He adds nothing.

My favourite moment in the show was William Regal trying on his brass knuckles... oh how I hope that's a tease for a Samoa Joe match!

I've never seen and not sure I've ever heard of this Damo bloke before 

Really? Big Northern Irish fucker, been in the UK scene for yonks. Apparently he used to look like a runt at the start of his career as well. I've never actually watched him wrestle, just cut promos, but I like what I saw a lot. He'll be so much better than Fulton it's not even funny

• Awards Moderator

I've never seen and not sure I've ever heard of this Damo bloke before 

Really? Big Northern Irish fucker, been in the UK scene for yonks. Apparently he used to look like a runt at the start of his career as well. I've never actually watched him wrestle, just cut promos, but I like what I saw a lot. He'll be so much better than Fulton it's not even funny

Yep, really - never come across him! But your post's already told me more than NXT itself did with it's "….that's Damo!" and assuming I already knew the rest.

• Paid Members

They Whatted Paul fucking Ellering. What a bunch of cocks.

Paul Ellering isn't very good in fairness. Him wandering out like a re-animated corpse cutting terrible promos isn't helping the AOP any. Get him off the telly.

Agree with those unimpressed by Nakamura and Joe. The match didn't feel special at all, which you'd think it would coming from a big Japan show and with the big title change. I like both wrestlers a lot but the matches have been painfully average. Move them both on to new things.

Edited by Benno

Idk, I enjoyed all their matches, they just didn't live up to expectations. Considering these are two of my all-times favs, those were pretty lofty. I would've liked to see them draw it out with some New Japan style false-finishes this week, kick out of the muscle buster and the kinshasa! fuck it!  they didn't work that crowd enough for me, but all the action was good

Edited by sj5522

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Joe won it back in Melbourne.

This Osaka match was so contrived anyway. You couldn't possibly expect anything. It was just a house show bout we were privy to seeing because there was an obvious title change happening, the whole reason Nakamura lost it in the first place so he could win it back here. Ticket selling technique 'tis all.

Both guys should be in the Rumble, along with Yoshihiro Takayama. Bring that fucker in pronto. But I wouldn't be surprised if both guys were 4 time NXT champions each before they debut on Raw or Smacky D.

Idk, I enjoyed all their matches, they just didn't live up to expectations. Considering these are two of my all-times favs, those were pretty lofty. I would've liked to see them draw it out with some New Japan style false-finishes this week, kick out of the muscle buster and the kinshasa! fuck it!  they didn't work that crowd enough for me, but all the action was good

Personally I liked their stuff, particularly the match where Joe bled.  I think the matches have helped Joe more than Nakamura though - the TNA stink is thoroughly off Joe and he looks like a beast, whereas Nakamura still has the same issues - language barrier, Michael Jackson dress sense and the constant vinegar strokes look on his face, none of which are going to serve him well on the main rosters.

The show is really just going through the motions now, and there's way too much Cruiserweight on it; they're hideously over exposed right now being on three shows with only about 2 characters between the lot of them.  

Lorcan and Roode should be good tonight though - I quite like Lorcan.  When are we getting The Drifter back on the telly show?  He's my pick to break out next year, he gets remarkable heat and has a good look and work.

I predict another walkout by Roode. Lorcan has had a good little gimmick in nearly beating or actually beating the names, and because I expect Tye to win this tourney following his near-retirement, I see Roode then swaggering in and trying to finagle a title match if Tye then gets the belt. He'll then lose to Roode, take having the belt as proving himself, and head up to Smackdown so Roode can face Joe or Nakamura.