NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

That's probably the Joe/Nakamura match I've enjoyed the most, despite knowing the result. I usually can't stand cage matches too. Started off slowly but really picked up towards the end and I loved Nakamura finally killing the rivalry off with 3 Kinshasa's. Fingers crossed that Joe is on his way to the main roster now. 

I enjoyed DIY vs TM61 (can't remember the last DIY match I didn't enjoy, actually) but still stand by Nick Miller being an absolute bland bore. Don't see anything in him at all. 

• Paid Members

Taping spoiler innit:

Definitely Weezenal, once again Joe was absent for tapings last night but this time there are no major tour matches of his to put on tv, unlike last time where you had his Japan and Australia matches. Think it's safe to say he's moving up now.

• Paid Members

I don't know who they had ring announcing this week but her voice was unbearable!

I think she's called Dasha - and yes, she's rotten.

She's been alternating with the bloke who did the CWC for the last few months and she is, in my opinion, the very worst of the women they've tried out as a ring announcer - and that's saying something.

(Caveat - I'm talking about ladies who have been presented as 'a ring announcer' rather than a 'diva doing a semi-regular guest ring announcer thing', because there have been some VERY horrible ones of those, Maria & Ashley Massaro springing to mind.)

• Paid Members

Another taping spoiler, due to air January 25th (final episode before Takeover:San Antonio)

58E8E81A-C1E5-4F34-91B8-405038780208_zps

Chris Hero returned as Kassius Ohno. and made it known that he's after Nakamura's title.

There's video of it here:

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/kassius-ohno-chris-hero-nxt-video/#.WG821rYrJE4?platform=hootsuite

I'm not sure I like how they've done it, him coming out in a suit as Kassius Ohno and taking the same mark pic with Triple H as everyone else.

I'd prefer to have seen him come through the crowd or something and disrupt the show as an outsider and play up the story of them not wanting him originally. Some people just look shit in a suit, he's one of them so I wouldn't even bother.

Edited by Benno

I don't know who they had ring announcing this week but her voice was unbearable!

I think she's called Dasha - and yes, she's rotten.

She's been alternating with the bloke who did the CWC for the last few months and she is, in my opinion, the very worst of the women they've tried out as a ring announcer - and that's saying something.

(Caveat - I'm talking about ladies who have been presented as 'a ring announcer' rather than a 'diva doing a semi-regular guest ring announcer thing', because there have been some VERY horrible ones of those, Maria & Ashley Massaro springing to mind.)

Yeah it's a similar set up to when JoJo and Greg Hamilton were the NXT ring announcers before their main show call ups, they'd alternate the TV tapings (think Dasha also done some) and Greg would do Takeover. Now it's Dasha and Tony Rome alternating with Rome doing TO

Percy Watson this week said "I don't know if many people know this but there is a seven inch steel bolt behind them turnbuckles, you can feel that".

Anybody that has seen a main event with a cheating heel over the past 18 years knows that Percy, which leads me to think that Percy more than likely isn't familiar with WWE product as a whole...let alone the NXT product he is actually calling. Some of the stuff he has said is shocking. Developmental though innit.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure they're training Percy up to become a somewhat competent announcer in the hopes he will replace one of the two utterly useless token black men on Raw/SD. It's the only reason I can see for him joining the NXT announce team. Shame, as Graves and Phillips were fine on their own. 

Slow episode for the most part, but DIY and Revival never disappoint. Another cracking match. Revival have got the cheating heel team down to an art form. 

I like Oney Lorcan. I don't think he's got the charisma or look to make it anywhere at all in WWE, but I like the stiff striking style him and Ciampa use so I'm happy he's around for the time being. Andrade is such a natural heel, bringing him in as a face seems like madness looking back.

Asuka has been booked so strongly that I just don't buy her getting beaten down so easily by Kath & Kim. 

Loved that women's segment this week. Asuka fucking rules and they've built up Cross, Peyton and Billie really well after we were all wondering where they can possibly go after Bayley went. Plus just how they were going to get that title off Asuka eventually. Non-issue now. The four way should be really good

• Awards Moderator

NXT this week was full of people I like or who I find interesting, which was great. Billie & Peyton, Sanity, Drifter, Andrade, DIY, Revival, AOP, Asuka and Nakamura are all acts I'm happy to see when they turn up. Compared to Raw, where the only people I'm bothered about are Goldberg, Neville and Jack Gallagher, one of whom's part time and the other two I can see on 205 Live, I'm definitely watching the right show for me by sticking to NXT.

Oh, there was also Oney bloody Lorcan, but at least he lost this week.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator