NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I've got room in my life for both, for sure

I love that look though. Not enough hideously hairy fuckers in wrestling. He looks like if a sitcom character goes to wrestling training, he'd be taking the sessions. Cue big gulp.

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

That Fatal 4-way was decent. Cien is much better as a heel and I've been enjoying his work lately, and it was the first time I've enjoyed Strong in a match in NXT so far. 

Bit gutted about Roode winning just because I wanted him at the Rumble and this indicates that probably won't happen, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with Tye from here. He's lost his 'last chance' matches so many times now, they've either got a big redemption storyline coming up for him or he'll just be shipped to the main roster. I've no faith for him on Raw/SD though, can't see him amounting to any more than Breeze/Vaudevillains level. 

This coming Wednesday's episode of NXT is a two hour special, featuring matches from the recent show in Osaka. Matches include:

NXT Title Match: Samoa Joe v Shinsuke Nakamura (probably in full rather than the cut down version that was aired a couple of weeks back)

NXT Women's Title Match: Asuka v Nia Jax

NXT Tag Team Title Match: DIY v Tajiri & Akira Tozawa

Liv Morgan & Aaliyah v Bille Kay & Peyton Royce

Oney Lorcan v Andrade 'Cien' Almas

Obviously, the fact there are title matches mean nothing and the results are a given, but I'm sure they all be decent efforts

Edited by WyattSheepMask

That'll be the Melbourne show that featured the Joe/Nakamura cage match I assume? Obviously that's already been on but I'm sure there will be something watchable on the undercard

Yeah there were some cracking matches on the undercard of that show, including TM61 vs DIY that was very very good.

I'm so sick of Joe vs Naka now, thanks god that is over. For me it was one of those good on paper but flat in execution type things.

DIY however are so good arn't they, just a brilliant tag team. They draw the crowd in every single time.

I love Cien in a mask and the top hat, as he sauntered out my first thought was "Naito", which is only ever a good thing.

I don't see how Oney Lorcan had any hype around him when he signed. I never saw him admittedly when he was Biff Busick, but he's shown very little in what I've seen of him on NXT. Was the Busick character massively different and he's not been given much to work with, or is it just a case of him being hyped up abit because he's from the Internet