NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

They could easily give NXT more star power by sending off a few guys from the main roster. The Dudley Boys should be in NXT for a start, helping build up new teams and helping work as trainers. Ziggler could do with a break to freshen up his character. Miz and Orton are both doing great at the moment but they have been on the main roster for years, their bodies could probably do with a break from constant touring. Even Goldust would be a good shout for one last bug run down there

Ziggler doing a "I'm too big for this piss house" act in NXT could be great fun in theory.

Problem is, in practice the dick heads would probably still cheer him and he's probably wrestle the same workrate match he always does.

"Popular wrestler has good matches, crowd cheers him".

Seriously, it really wouldn't be that bad.

• Awards Moderator

She sure is. It on the verge of live chat but Corey just announced he will no longer be commentating on NXT. He's making way for Nigel McGuinness.

Draft in Corino and you got ROH.

• Paid Members

Corino has not long joined WWE, hasn't he? Is it a trainer role down in Florida?

It's a shame Graves is stepping away, as he's probably the best commentator they have, but he can't be on everything I suppose. Glad to hear McGuire is his replacement.

Show wasn't up to much for me. Disagree re the Rollins segment, perfect place for it as they have been playing on HHH not being at raw, and everyone knows he is at nxt's

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the show personally, thought for the expectations I had it surpassed them. Enjoyed Roderick Strong's offence, thought the Rollins skit was fantastic, the ending of the Roode match was red hot too. Surprisingly enjoyed the tag match the most, it wasn't a five snowflake spectactular but it got AoP over and that was the point.

Agree it wasn't up to the standard of a usual Takeover but I never expected it to be.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed that considering it was the weakest Takeover in a while on paper. Strong/Cien was very good and the main event was brilliant. It further proved that Roode is a player, he's just the perfect WWE guy. Very good finish to the match.

Enjoyed the women's match too, would've like it to have gone longer.

And the Rollins spot was ideal as Louch says. Someone suggested it the other day on Twitter and it made perfect sense. This is Triple H's yard, makes far more sense to have that happen here. They'll reference it plenty tonight and something else will probably happen too.

• Paid Members

That is the best thing Rollins has ever done outside of a match. Thought it was tremendous work. Even his promo came across as genuine, instead of him trying his hardest not to forget his lines, which has never happened.

As a show, it was below what we've come to expect from these shows. Nothing bad on it, like, just outside of the main event entrances and that Rollins segment, everything wasn't anything special.

Wasn't bad at all. Tag was better than I thought it would be and the women's match was decent for a 4 way considering there are sometimes limitations using a 4 way. The main was what I expected. Nothing blow away but a fun show.

I agree with Rollins placement of the segment though part of me was hoping during it that this was were Joe gets involved as Triple H's hired gun. But I suppose that wouldn't help Joe since Rollins looks to be aligned with Triple H at Mania.

Edited by stevieg1980