NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Is this all Roderick String has to offer? Solid workrate? Admittedly, I don't watch a tonne of Ring Of Honor, but from what I've seen I can't help but wonder why a boring bastard like Strong is being brought in when a daft, entertaining guy like Dalton Castle, or a pair of maniacs like the Briscoes haven't been signed up. Strong sucks.

Edited by Supremo

They get probably over $200 million on TV rights worldwide, they should have most of their best guys on TV, I don't know what Nakamura was making in Japan but he's probably on a lot more than $300,000 a year, wrestling in front of 300 fans every few weeks and a take over 6 times a year.

Edited by the_mole

The Briscoes didn't want to relocate to Orlando apparently, sort of a shame, though obviously not for ROH - if the Briscoes left the company would have fuck all identity left

Ā 

Them, Dalton + his boys & Silas Young + the Beer City Bruiser (what a fucking heel team, honestly, mustached Real-Man and a big agile fat cunt bringing tinnies to the ring) would all be amazing in NXT

Edited by sj5522

NXT is the only brand I really watch properly now, so obviously I'm over the moon that Roode is sitting pretty at the top. Ā My boy.

Ā 

Other than a rematch with Michael Jackson, things look a little thin though. Ā As others have said, Roderick Strong is just unbelievably bland, like a create-a-wrestler character. Ā I find No Way Jose to be laughably shit, and although he's better as a heel Almas isn't exactly setting hearts on fire.

Ā 

Personally I'd like to see more Elias Samson. Ā He's got the goods to make the fans spit blood, which can only be a good thing. Ā Samson, Eric Young, Roode... Ā good heels, just short of faces. Ā 

• Paid Members

Them, Dalton + his boys & Silas Young + the Beer City Bruiser (what a fucking heel team, honestly, mustached Real-Man and a big agile fat cunt bringing tinnies to the ring) would all be amazing in NXT

Ā 

Who are these lads? War Machine look pretty good, they'd make a good addition to NXT as soon as AOP move up one day. Although in terms of appearance, they already have Heavy Machinery- who could be their own version when pushed.

Ā 

Dalton Castle, Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, Will Ospreay, Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb. These are the guys WWE need to look at when it comes to replenishing their conveyer belt roster. They can't approach Young Bucks until late 2018, and who the fuck knows what's happening with Omega. By all accounts, they are apparently signing Kyle O'Reilly and then Adam Cole once his ROH contract expires.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

They can't approach Young Bucks until late 2018, and who the fuck knows what's happening with Omega.

From the Observer Radio show he did last week it sounds like he's staying in Japan for a minimum of another year.

Ā 

Ā 

Who are these lads? War Machine look pretty good, they'd make a good addition to NXT as soon as AOP move up one day. Although in terms of appearance, they already have Heavy Machinery- who could be their own version when pushed.

Ā 

Dalton Castle, Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, Will Ospreay, Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb. These are the guys WWE need to look at when it comes to replenishing their conveyer belt roster. They can't approach Young Bucks until late 2018, and who the fuck knows what's happening with Omega. By all accounts, they are apparently signing Kyle O'Reilly and then Adam Cole once his ROH contract expires.

Silas and The Bruiser

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUJbjuAUYAAK9Zq.jpg

Both terrific miserable twats. Get Silas talking about 'millennial so-called men' or whatever while his mate flattens people with frogsplashes, absolute heat magnet

Ā 

The Dalton Castle/Silas Young feud is probably the most fun I've had watching ROH since about 2007.

Edited by sj5522

Dalton Castle in the money guy for WWE in ROH for me, his charisma is off the scale, don't do anything daft just bring the boys along with him and keep the entrance, except pomp it up with WWE production values and you are off to the races. I can see him feuding with Roode already, Bobby dressed to the nines looking down on Castle as some sort of freak, thing is once the bell rings Dalton can fucking go, he works his tail off.

Ā 

Not so sure about guys like Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly or Matt Taven, they just all become so generic, before you know it you have a dozen Roddy Strong types. Silas Young is a decent shout as a miserable twat heel. Another guy they should pursueĀ is Leo Rush for eitherĀ 205 Live or NXT, he is unbelievably talented.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

I've only seen Dalton Castle twice, but he stood out massively as someone who's perfect for NXT. Glad I'm not alone in thinking that. He's everything I love about pro-wrestling, this over the top, daft entrance, ridiculous character, and a cracking little wrestler as well.

Ā 

I wouldn't change a thing about him. Imagine his Takeover entrances.

Edited by Supremo