NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Really good video package there above, had no idea Graves had been around that long or had done half the stuff shown in the video. I don't pay much attention so I only had him down as the bog eye with a walnut whip on his bonce from the Pre Show who dresses like Kid Creole and/or The Coconuts.

Edited by Cannibal Man

I'd argue Graves is the best non-wrestling talent they have developed in a long long time. He is capable at the commentary desk and the fact he is younger and a bit more switched on to the modern world seems to help. I also like that he isn't a Tom Philips type suit helps him greatly.

Never watched much of him as an in-ring worker but I can't imagine he would have gone that far if he hadn't been forced to retire

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now online, as we review NXT TakeOver: San Antonio and the 2017 Royal Rumble! Breaking down all the matches, the crew takes your feedback on the big events, and discuss the road to WrestleMania 33. Looking at possible matches and likely directions, we evaluate how well the Royal Rumble set up the next two months of WWE programming, debating disappointment in the Rumble, the choice of Randy Orton as the winner, the utter brilliance of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar's interplay, the hilarious failures of Roman Reigns, BRAUN STROWMAN, Big Match John finally gets a round of applause, Undertaker looking a bit worse for wear, and a live reaction of John Cena's proposed Mania direction. A lot of fun this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/j9tget/SCG_Radio_111_-_NXT_Takeover_2017_Royal_Rumble_and_Beyond.mp3

• Paid Members

I read that as Strowman being a topic on his own, rather than an extension of failures. That seems to be about the failures of Reigns from how I'm reading it, which is a fair topic in terms of the shoddy booking he's been on the end of at times.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Back in the 1PW Sterling James Keenan days, I never would have believed I'd end up liking Corey Graves as much as I like him as a commentator. He's their best by far and that video package made me like him even more. Fair play to him for the effort and hard work. That was outright inspiring.

• Paid Members

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now online, as we review NXT TakeOver: San Antonio and the 2017 Royal Rumble! Breaking down all the matches, the crew takes your feedback on the big events, and discuss the road to WrestleMania 33. Looking at possible matches and likely directions, we evaluate how well the Royal Rumble set up the next two months of WWE programming, debating disappointment in the Rumble, the choice of Randy Orton as the winner, the utter brilliance of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar's interplay, the hilarious failures of Roman Reigns, BRAUN STROWMAN, Big Match John finally gets a round of applause, Undertaker looking a bit worse for wear, and a live reaction of John Cena's proposed Mania direction. A lot of fun this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/j9tget/SCG_Radio_111_-_NXT_Takeover_2017_Royal_Rumble_and_Beyond.mp3

Did you need to spam this in three different threads?