NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

There's a podcast thread. Copying and pasting the same message to shill the same podcast is spamming in my book.

Perhaps, and usually that is the case where I'll always put it there and there alone. But as mentioned above - it's relevant to the topic at hand if people want more on the subject, and since it's a feedback based show, if people wrote in based on one topic, then lets make them aware. If people aren't interested, scroll on - no harm, no foul.

Though as you're concerned about spamming the link, thanks for copying and pasting the whole post one more time, much appreciated.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

There's a podcast thread. Copying and pasting the same message to shill the same podcast is spamming in my book.

Though as you're concerned about spamming the link, thanks for copying and pasting the whole post one more time, much appreciated.

I am more bothered about the concept of promoting something in multiple threads, artlessly and cynically, rather than being against the actual success of your podcast, I hope it does very well, good luck to you. let's both not shit this thread up any further. 

Edited by gmoney

Cool with that.

To get back on topic in that case - I can't be the only one, but I'm not particularly excited by the prospect of Nakamura/Roode 2 at Mania weekend. Mostly because the happy ending is a Nakamura win, but I don't really want him as champion and being stuck down there any more. Had my heart set on somebody else challenging Roode, and them bringing Ibushi in Mania weekend for a big time match with Nakamura as his NXT sendoff, pipe dream though that is.

Curious given Ibushi's desire to do big shows that he's not really being talked about for Mania weekend at all, unless I'm missing something?

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now online, as we review NXT TakeOver: San Antonio and the 2017 Royal Rumble! Breaking down all the matches, the crew takes your feedback on the big events, and discuss the road to WrestleMania 33. Looking at possible matches and likely directions, we evaluate how well the Royal Rumble set up the next two months of WWE programming, debating disappointment in the Rumble, the choice of Randy Orton as the winner, the utter brilliance of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar's interplay, the hilarious failures of Roman Reigns, BRAUN STROWMAN, Big Match John finally gets a round of applause, Undertaker looking a bit worse for wear, and a live reaction of John Cena's proposed Mania direction. A lot of fun this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/j9tget/SCG_Radio_111_-_NXT_Takeover_2017_Royal_Rumble_and_Beyond.mp3

Great show as ever this week guys. You really should invest in a SCG-Cam for future bombshells though. Would loved to have seen the look of gloom and despair on your faces for Liam's big reveal!

Also - agree with lack of excitement for Roode/Nakamura II. Let's move on now - Get Nakamura on the main roster to face AJ Styles so Shane is free to face HHH at 'Mania

Edited by Killjoy_Gee

• Paid Members

Curious given Ibushi's desire to do big shows that he's not really being talked about for Mania weekend at all, unless I'm missing something?

He turned down a contract because he didn't fancy the schedule, didn't he? Wouldn't surprise me if they took that as a slight. Even still, not even sure he'd be big enough to create a stir at Mania weekend, even for NXT. He had a couple of NXT TV matches with little fanfare. Not sure how WWE would benefit if he has a hot match but isn't able to follow that up as he won't be working for them regularly thereafter.

Completely bored in general with the NXT Championship as it's just always the same stuff rehashed imo. 3 big matches between the same two people - onto the next feud, 3 big matches, onto the next and so on. It's been the same since away back when Bo was feuding with Neville.

• Paid Members

I also have little excitement towards the rematch. I think the first match is as good as we will get. Saying that there isn't an alternative to Roode that really excites me.

Short of dropping someone from the main roster. But that goes against what the ethos of NXT should be

• Paid Members

Just got round to watching the latest episode. I said it in the thread for the UK tournament but it bears repeating, Tyler Bate is frighteningly good for 19. Really enjoyed his match on this show.

The Corey Graves package was really well done.

That main event was a worrying sign of things to come though, they need new stars and fast.

Don't know if i've missed it somewhere but i'd be interested to hear the story of how McGuinness fell on his feet with this WWE job?

After his history of physical destruction, working in delis, the Hogoff era ending his awesome TNA run, and becoming a fairly shit (from what I heard) ROH commissioner I was very surprised to see him suddenly turn up for the UK thing looking like a wreck. And now he's the new Corey Graves (they are hoping).

What's been going on with him the last 2-3 years?

Nigel was working a couple of civilian jobs whilst keeping a hand in with the ROH roles.

He also started a podcast about polyamory.

It was a completely out of the blue move but Cole mentioned how he had wanted him for a while so it seems like the ROH role has sorted him out nicely. The UK tournament and the current popularity of British wrestling seemed to lead to the perfect scenario to bring him in.

He's not the most exciting guy on commentary but I like the sport style presentation now and then if there is someone else there to balance it out. All the best to him.