NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Hadn't thought of that, they probably still set off a charge. They do for Sheamus' bang as the lights come on, for example. Always seemed odd to me, surely you could just play a sound effect over the PA?

Ā 

We'll go with first visual real pyro at Full Sail, then!

Hadn't thought of that, they probably still set off a charge. They do for Sheamus' bang as the lights come on, for example. Always seemed odd to me, surely you could just play a sound effect over the PA?

Ā 

Ā 

Dunno about the Hype Bros, and especially not at Full Sail, but with Sheamus and previously Ryback, pyro does actually go off, it's just behind the stage. Ā Depending where you're sitting you can see it.

Ā 

Fuck yeah Elias Samson! I may be the only one excited to see him back but I don't care, his gimmick is great and gets hilarious organic heat

Ā 

Same! He must be virtually the only heel in NXT who gets consistently booed at Full Sail.

Ā 

I think the Revival mostly avoid the smarky cheers, though they're not immune but yeah certainly the most natural heat there since Eva went. Can't wait for him to interrupt Nakamura with a song now!

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Dunno about the Hype Bros, and especially not at Full Sail, but with Sheamus and previously Ryback, pyro does actually go off, it's just behind the stage. Ā Depending where you're sitting you can see it.

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, sorry, I probably didn't express myself very well! I sat way up in the Gods for a Raw show in Memphis last year and it was there that I noticed the Sheamus/Ryback pyro on top of the tron. Until that point, I'd assumed it was just a sound effect.

Ā 

Was disappointed they said Samson had been injured. Surely it would have been better explained that he had just disappeared for a bit, given that he's a drifter? Always thought he was a pretty shit drifter if he turns up at the same scheduled place every week.Ā 

Edited by Statto

Is it just me, or does tonight Takeover not seem to have the same 'must see' aura around it that others have had. Brooklyn had an absolutely stacked card, but this time around there just seems to be that something missing to make it feel the same even though the title rematch has been built well and the tag title match, despite also being a rematch, has something added to it to give it that difference from the first.

I'm sure it will be a good show, but whereas I'd usually watch them at the first available opportunity the following day, if I weren't to end up watching this one until midweek for some reason, I wouldn't be bothered

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Hopefully Joe/Nak will be better than their first effort, which really flattered to deceive. I've enjoyed the build up for those two but I dunno, somethings missing from this show, not as buzzed as I should be. The NXT allure is definitely wearing thin on me too.

Ā 

Here's hoping Tommy End or Damo showĀ up.Ā 

Edited by Richard

Like I say, im sure it will be a good show, but there's something missing for sure.

I'm apprehensive that Nakamura/Joe will fail to live up to expectations again, which happens, sometimes people just don't click.

Asuka v Mickie James does nothing for me, and I'm hoping Roode steps up a bit more. His debut promo was a blinder and his entrance at Brooklyn had everyone gushing. The match with Almas was ok, but that was all and his other matches so far haven't really stood out either. Having said that, it could just be a matter of waiting his turn and getting the chance to sink his teeth into something.

Ā 

The Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic Final is at least showcasing younger talent in TM61 as well as a product of the Performance Centre in Authors of Pain. I'm expecting AoP to win it, their first loss shouldn't be to TM61, never in a million years.

Ā 

The 2 out of 3 Falls for the tag belts should get ample time also, so I imagine it's a five match card tonight, unless they add that 6 Woman Tag that they pushed on this weeks TV. Fuck knows who the mystery heel will be though, unless they just chuck The Drifter out there just to fuck everyone off