NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I like the presentation of Sanity, with the lighting and music, but they are fucking shit so far. Is EY injured or something? He needs to be the focal point of the group both in-ring and on the mic, otherwise interest and any heat they might have will cool very quickly. The other three come across so poorly, with really badly forced intensity and craziness. I just don't buy it.

Sanity are doing just fine. I'd rather see a group of rookies given a clear identity, throwing fists and being forced to show out, and I'd rather they try too hard than not enough. Wolfe is already looking more comfortable, and Graves highlighting Fulton's "blank stare" was a nice touch that was a good way to get the gimmick over despite newbie nerves. I give more of a damn about what they are going to do when they make their entrance than Roderick Strong or Cedric Alexander. We know EY can go and has form being a nutter, so his presence gives them a bit of legitimacy, and I like to think he's been given them to coach so it'll be fun watching them improve.

AoP selling. SELLING?!?! And to tiny Rich Swann's slaps too. I hope Ellering tore them a new one back stage afterwards. Plant your feet, you fackin' hosses.

The semi bracket has made things genuinely unpredictable. There's got to be an upset in one of the matches, but the way they've been pushed, I can't see either AoP or DIY losing. AoP to win and smash up the trophy?

Edited by CavemanLynn

I like the presentation of Sanity, with the lighting and music, but they are fucking shit so far. Is EY injured or something? He needs to be the focal point of the group both in-ring and on the mic, otherwise interest and any heat they might have will cool very quickly. The other three come across so poorly, with really badly forced intensity and craziness. I just don't buy it.

Eric Young isn't injured as he's wrestled in a few house shows recently.

• Paid Members

Sanity are doing just fine. I'd rather see a group of rookies given a clear identity, throwing fists and being forced to show out, and I'd rather they try too hard than not enough. Wolfe is already looking more comfortable, and Graves highlighting Fulton's "blank stare" was a nice touch that was a good way to get the gimmick over despite newbie nerves. I give more of a damn about what they are going to do when they make their entrance than Roderick Strong or Cedric Alexander. We know EY can go and has form being a nutter, so his presence gives them a bit of legitimacy, and I like to think he's been given them to coach so it'll be fun watching them improve.

Some fair points actually. I've been harsh in my post- as it can be easy to forget that NXT is the developmental league when it's consistently a better show than both Raw and SmackDown! When NXT has some of the very best performers in the entire wrestling industry on the show, the gulf in talent between the veterans and the rookies is really highlighted. Sawyer Fulton has been appearing on NXT for over three years at this point and has never been able to make much of impression. It would be easy to write him off as a guy that's never going to make it. Then you realise he's only in his mid-twenties and has years of potential improvement in him. He's over a decade younger than the likes of Joe, EY and Roode. Still, I'm hoping that once the tag tourney is over that the focus of Sanity shifts back onto Eric Young to avoid over-exposing the flaws of the other three and to give them space to breathe and develop under his wing.

Didn't feel like a Drifter vignette to me but you're probably right. I actually kind of miss the cunt.

Strange episode with half the matches off a live show. Did they have to do that because of Aries injury or something. I wondered if they'd taped the 2nd round and semis at Full Sail with him and Strong going through but then he wouldn't have that massive eye injury on next weeks episode and they thought it would be weird so they switched it?