NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

I love Bobby Roode but god he needs a finisher.

Everything he has used so far has looked shite.

I always liked the Edgecution so I'm quite happy with him using that like he did this week.

Has he ever had a really distinctive one? The only one I can recall him having in TNA was the 'Northern Lariat' when he was in Team Canada.

• Paid Members

He FINALLY settled on the "Roode Bomb" in his last few years in TNA, but being a standard Death Valley Driver it's far too similar to the Attitude Adjustment for use in WWE.

Other than that and the Northern Lariat, I can recall him using:

• The Payoff (fisherman's suplex)
  • The Cross Rhodes/Roll of the Dice/Test Drive etc. (used maybe once or twice when he debuted the 'rich guy' gimmick in TNA, possibly also called "The Payoff")
  • Crippler Crossface

He obviously got by for a good while being part of Beer Money and them having a double-team finisher.

His finisher so desperately needs to be called the Glorious Bomb, it's just a shame that first Glorious Bomb was a shitty pumphandle drop.

Edited by Statto

Roode needs to start using the Northern Lariat to set up whatever the Glorious Bomb ends up being. He needs a proper heel move.

Tye vs Bobby needs to be semi-main in Toronto. The crowd should be mental for that match.

Dosovic is great. Rhyno 2.0. The tag division's really deepening, albeit very much sticking with a wild brawling flavour, what with AoP and Sanity. Strong can get stuffed though, the definition of vanilla midget AND work rate wanker.

• Paid Members

Latest Observer is saying that Itami does not need surgery for his recent neck injury and should be back in around 2 months

Yeah, I think Itami tweeted recently that he's expecting to be back by December? I hope so, poor guy has had some rotten luck.

• Paid Members

I love Bobby Roode but god he needs a finisher.

Everything he has used so far has looked shite.

I always liked the Edgecution so I'm quite happy with him using that like he did this week.

Has he ever had a really distinctive one? The only one I can recall him having in TNA was the 'Northern Lariat' when he was in Team Canada.

It's been an issue throughout his career. The Pumphandle slam is proper rubbish too. Lacks the quick 'pop' and it's damage rating was rubbish on the Smackdown games.

Thing is his Spinebuster is a thing of beauty and always gets a good reaction. It should be the one.