NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I know it all exists in different worlds with different expectations and what not, but it's staggering how much more invested I am in NXT than Raw or Smackdown. Even though they're in front of an Impact Zone-like crowd, the wrestler that are getting pushed come across as far better and somewhat of a big deal on NXT for some reason.

NXT, for the most part, can be very middling too, but it works because they keep it simple and keep their stars strong.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Another excellent show. I'm even slacking off LU at the mo but I make time for NXT.

I love that they're not afraid to swerve everyone to get something over. Like a lot of people, I thought Perfect Glory were going at least a few rounds, but no, and it was grand. Roode's an asshole, Dillinger's the next big face, and Sanity look nicely mental in murdering him. Great timing on Tye's "Bobby?" too, really had me feeling for the guy without making him look a pussy. Sanity are the best way to get rookies like Wolfe and Fulton over - full screen time with half the work - and hopefully the inclusion of EY is as a mentor behind the scenes for them. Outfit is maybe a little close to the AoP, but I've been eager for a pack of dogs stable for a while and I reckon they'll deliver. Great tag team finish too. I hope Nikki gets some more distinctive attire than 2001 Daffney.

Still not convinced by the current crop of girls and their stuttery feet. If Peyton Royce ever gets into POV pr0n though, I may turn myself inside out.

Tino's been in development for a while, hasn't he? I can't help feeling this is a last ditch lsink-or-swim moment for him, and I hope he grabs the opportunity. Insane look, but he needs more than the usual Jindrak bodyguy rubbish. Riddick did more but I care less.

Murphy is the Bobby Roode of NXT, but he needs to get that entrance slide back and get some proper signatures. He has a chance but Blake has missed the boat entirely. When they first started doing singles, Blake's strutting hair-obsessed shtick was ripe for a garish male diva gimmick, like a big bear version of Boy Toy HBK. All this bowing nonsense and awful bloody violin music looks like it's boring him as well as everyone else. I reckon they're building to a big Murphy/Blake grudge match, but for now, there's no spice and I loved it when Joe nixed it and went on another glorious rampage.

The whole finishing angle was great. Cannot wait to see Joe and Naka beat lumps out of each other.

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members

I think I struggle with TM61 because one of them (Miller? The one who doesn't have the shit tattoo) looks a bit gormless and like he's about to shit himself out of fear at all times. Just seems really unnatural.

• Awards Moderator

So, Roderick Strong, then! I'm glad they've got him teaming with Aries, that was the most I ever enjoyed him in ROH, and they'd do good stuff with The Revival, plus they'd be good Tag champions once Revival pop up to Raw or SmackDown, plus it'll be something good for Aries to do if the Itami thing can't happen anymore.

Not much else to really stand out this week. Jose and Swann teaming was good, but I can't wait for AOP to kill them in the next round. I'm expecting Asuka to team with Liv against Peyton and Billie some time between now and Takeover. And I'm not keen on the guy who interrupted Shinsuke at the end - you can kind of tell he's not very comfortable with his gimmick!

Am loving Nikki Cross in Sanity - although her itching and rubbing her gums does make it seem like she's spaced out on drugs...which might be what they are going for. Danielle Kamela might be decent given the few times she's been on the show.

You do wonder if the plan was to have Aries and Strong v Itami and Ibushi in the tournament which would have been rather tasty.

Fun watch again this week.