NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Dan Matha is sporting more roids acne than I've seen in WWE since Snitsky.  Bet they're lining up to wrestle him.

I'm really enjoying NXT at the moment, but mainly as it's like a TNA-lite from a few years ago, with Joe, Roode and Aries all doing their thing.  I don't think Roode has quite found his feet yet but he's still hugely entertaining.  Joe is, right now, the best heel in the whole of WWE, and I can only imagine they're thinking of big matches for him on the main roster in the next 12 months.  Joe v Lesnar please!

Conversely, Hideo Itami is just... boring.  Sure, he's flashy in the ring but he has absolutely no character or charisma.   When he first turned up in NXT, it was a different landscape and being Japanese was enough.  But now you've got Nakamura and Asuka being fantastic on the card, he just comes across as super generic.

They've only got 1 takeover to get through before the Mania one. I'm expecting the rush Ember Moon to the match but maybe not winning it in November. Liv could be in some sort of storyline failing that I really don't know what they've got to even keep her busy with minimal appearances. Not sure who I would bring down to feud with her in the meantime either.

I'd have thought they would do another Takeover before Wrestlemania. As they've just announced the Royal Rumble for the Alamodome in San Antonio, maybe get one that weekend at a nearby venue

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Confused by the Asuka-Liv Morgan match. Either they are going to go for an angle with Liv asking for another chance (or several) and showing improvement, or it's the only way they have of keeping Asuka on-screen. The match did less than nothing for Liv, and arguably nothing for Asuka either as she's already known as an ass-kicking machine. 

I was thinking the same thing. Liv asks for rematches and last longer each time, earning Asuka's respect in the end or something.

As you say, otherwise I cannot see what the match achieved.

Saw Hugo wrestle live in Liverpool a few months back against Wesley Blake, he did ok, nearly botched a moonsault but recovered well

Was it the split legged moonsault that RVD used to do? Cos he nearly botched that against Sawyer Fulton when they did the first night at Download. He also took a really hard back bump which seemed to bugger him up quite a bit. He didn't seem too bad considering the amount of time he'd been training/limited experience. It was competent enough.

I only remember seeing him on NXT once right at the start of the year when they did those takings at Uni of Central Florida and he was just in the jobber role that night.

Unless he's lined something else up for himself it's a But of a silly thing to just up & quit though. If you get released that's one thing, but to actively walk out makes people look at you differently.

Best of luck to him all the same

• Paid Members

Just Googled Hugo Knox to see what he looked like. If he did decide to quit then he's made a big mistake. With a physique like he had he would have definitely made it to the main roster, and would've had a million more chances than the average guy. He was ripped to shreds. Vince would've loved him.

I'm sure she's been mostly forgotten but the MMA chick in black from that 6 woman tag they did not long ago certainly looked the part for a mini push.

EDIT: Daria. I see she's relatively inexperienced being from Tough Enough, however the legit MMA background probably gives her an edge, especially in a Asuka match.

Edited by Philjax