NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The crowd make it out to be pretty special too. It looks great.

Ā 

Agreed with Chaser that Cien's booking has either been really awful or a masterstroke depending on their intentions. Also agreed with Slapnut there's no reason I'd want to cheer him really, especially against a guy like Aries. Something about him rubs me the wrong way, it's hard to figure out what and why too. Ā I think also the CWC hasn't helped his perception, as for example the guy who lost to Kendrick in the first round really shone and had the crowd on his side, so it's nt just a case of being put up against darling names. This was his best match here so far though, that bump when AA pushed him off the top rope was insane and the finish was superb.

Ā 

Enjoyed Steve Cutler's promo, he seems a decent prospect. Not sure where they're going with Joe, a rematch down the line but his humility really caught me off guard.

Austin raved about how difficult it would be to pull off on his podcast, ill take his view on it.

Ā 

Never though about the Cien being set up to turn until they talked on the podcast About how he had turned in Mexico. It's what we all say they should be doing with Reigns, maybe a test run for it

• Awards Moderator

I think the Cien stuff must be leading to a snap-and-turn. Not only has he been put against Dillinger AND Roode AND Aries (and someone down the line must know he wasn't going to be getting better reactions than them) but he's lost against the last two.

Ā 

I like Ember Moon's finisher. And that video for The Revival was great.

Ā 

I thought Joe was fantastic in the main event. The way it kept cutting to him just silently fuming, just projecting this hatred that someone other than him is the Champion, was excellent. Made the title feel like the most important thing in the world without saying a word. Also Nakamura has shoulder tassels now, which I also like.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x47g4t9

Ā 

My favourite entrance ever. In true Nakamura style, he followed it up by having a belter of a match with Ibushi.

Ā 

If you've followed any of his stuff in Japan you'll know he's hiding a lot of his tricks and ideas away, which is smart. Best saving all your best stuff for the main show.

• Paid Members

Fucking HELLFIRE look at that gear!! I eagerly await something similarly audacious at the next Takeover.

You need to watch his entrance for that match- the way he walks to the ring is superb. I realise I'm sounding like a right spanner getting excited about how a make pretend fighter walks to a ring, but trust me it's a great walk.

Ā 

Edit: as I was typing this, Colin is the man and posted the link above :thumbsup:

Edited by PunkStep