NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I had no idea who Dan Matha was. A quick Google shows he's ex CFL football player, so Full Sail will hate him if he can't do a 450 straight off the bat.

Looks a big unit though

Struggling to think of a time this has happened in NXT? Is there anyone in NXT that does a 450 at the moment?

In terms of disliking ex-ballers, Big E always avoided that stigma and Baron Corbin was never gonna work as a blue eyes. If Moose came in this summer as rumoured they'd have loved him. Don't think there's that much to it.

They are definitely building Cien up toĀ turn aren't they, this weekĀ solidified that thought, it was actually very good booking....they built Cien up on his arrival and it'sĀ kind of floppedĀ but he's been around a bit and the crowd know him, so they used his name to get over a debuting Alexander who I reckon they might have high hopes for. It got Cedric off to a flyer and also furthered Cien's case to snap and turn heel.

Ā 

Joe is so good, his tone on the mic is top level, the way he lulls you in then raises the volume and tempo it makes me fucking jump when he does it, and yet again Regal proves to be the best Authority figure in the game.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

They are definitely building Cien up toĀ turn aren't they

Ā 

Yep, he's a topknot wanker now. That's the heeliest hairstyle there is at the moment. Has Dillinger cut his, yet? It'll come, now he's officially 'turned'.

Ā 

I actually shouted "fucking hell" when Aries dumped Lorcan onto the apron. That looked like a botch to me, like he was supposed to drop him onto the ropes and he'd bounce back into the ring, or roll in a more controlled manner down to the apron then to the floor. Then they didn't even bother to replay it, I don't think.

Ā 

I am coming round to the suggestion someone made on here that they've finally thought "Hang on, why don't we just hide a load of padding on the apron but still say there isn't any? Isn't that kind of thing the whole point of our business?", though.

Ā 

Edit:Ā I hope when the Almas turn officially comes, they make that 'double moonsault' he does into a cocky "look what I can do, I can show off and still get you when you're miles away" deal, rather than the contrived "oh he's rolled out of the way, oh no he got him anyway!" EVERY SINGLE MATCH.

Edited by Statto

I'm loving NXT of late, the show just accomplishes so much in a short time frame but nothing feels rushed or overlooked.

Ā 

Firstly more great work by Dillinger, and then Roode comes out and we have fucking GLORIOUS 10!!!! This Dusty tag team tournament is going to be immense.

Ā 

Now lets talk about Joe, that is how you make an impact on a show, didn't even look at Revival, didn't blink just stormed down and wrecked those poor cunts with hurtful intense looking offense and a chilling promo. Just brilliant stuff and I can't wait for Nakamura to come back, is he going to drop some of the mongy goofyness and go all out psychopath to match Joe, either way I'm looking forward to this clash as much as anything in Wrestling.

Ā 

Itami looked ok, crowd was flat, I really want him to be that guy, but it just isn't quite clicking for me at the minute, still buzzing for the Aries match though.

Joe looked like an absolute animal with those sentons. Revival played it brilliantly, loved Dawson zipping his jacket back up and them then just waving to the crowd and walking off.

Ā 

Roode and Dillinger should work really well, there's potentially a really good feud between them too if/when the team falls apart.

Ā 

I want to like Authors Of Pain, I really do but they just don't look like stars to me yet. I love watching big bastards throw jobbers about but they're lacking something, maybe it's the gear, I'm not sure though. Ellering looks cool as fuck though.

Ā 

Not quite getting the Ember Moon hype. Am I missing something?

• Paid Members

I like AoP's gear. We can fantasize about how great it would be if they wore Mad Max-inspired gear, but The Ascension are proof that in this day and age it just looks silly. Ok, it doesn't help if you're absolutely shit like The Ascension are, but still.

Ā 

The AoP would be decent back-up to Rusev in a nice little eastern bloc stable.

The AoP need a new finisher as well. Really not impressed with the double-team Russian leg sweep. Even something as simple as a double chokeslam would be better.

Ā 

Ā 

Not quite getting the Ember Moon hype. Am I missing something?

She is better than everyone in the nxt womens division not named Asuka and has a great finisher. That's about it really. She is good, but hasĀ not showed anything too impressive yet.