NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I think it's they don't want to take away from the entrances of workers.

Ā 

If people in the audience are more focuses on watching what's on the big screen why use the money on pyro and lighting and music and working on an entrance routine? It's like the screens are there much like they are at big sports games for the cheap seats to see these days, nothing else.

Watching this weeks episode, and a really good match between Drew Gulak and Itami, but this was the first week that I really noticed Itami's left arm since coming back from the surgery. It's noticeably smaller than his right arm now, although not to Mr Wonderful levels.

He also seems to some awkward loose skin right his surgery scar

BE5C68CD-8D98-41C1-A8EE-59FB50D12A52_zps

• Paid Members

I think it's they don't want to take away from the entrances of workers.

Ā 

If people in the audience are more focuses on watching what's on the big screen why use the money on pyro and lighting and music and working on an entrance routine? It's like the screens are there much like they are at big sports games for the cheap seats to see these days, nothing else.

What's the point in having the screen then? You really think WWE are going, "Don't make those entrance videos too flashy, we want the focus on our pro wrestlers!"

Ā 

WWE are all about presentation.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

As I said within my quoted comment for a big screen use for those in the cheap seats to see the action rather than pay a ton of cash to not be able to see anything from a distance. It helps if you actually read what you're quoting instead of acting like a tit. Nice use of italics though, misrepresentation on pro wrestlers though, we all know they're sports entertainers...

Ā 

It is what it is. With the likes of Nakamura it adds to the entrance more than a bunch of clipped together images of him kneeing people in the head would, with some using basic clip art graphics isn't as cool as D'Lo Brown hitting the Lo Down on a bunch of guys while the video skips to the sounds in his track, but if people are putting tons of money into Bobby Roode having a rotating platform or marketing John Cena's salute as a trademark of his gimmick with the towel and such as well, why would they want fans to be paying any other attention away from that.

Ā 

The entrance ramp and screen having the Raw graphics or someone's name pop up in big lights gives people the idea who they are, then their character builds from that. Otherwise we'd end up with Dolph Ziggler doing a tribute band in his entrance video to get over the whole rockstar stealing the show thing he's hoped to be for the last 5 years.

Ā 

WWE are all about presentation though, you're right about that, but why waste a ton of money in one area that characteristically was just a 30 second loop video when they can put that extra money their spending into HD interactive ring aprons and ring posts, pyro, lighting and the likes.

Ā 

There's good presentation and then there's going over the top and it looking utter shite, like 6 sided rings.

• Paid Members
big screen use for those in the cheap seats to see the action rather than pay a ton of cash to not be able to see anything from a distance.

Ā 

Thatā€™s clearly not the case though. Weā€™re discussing NXT, an intimate environment where they stick the logo up on the massive screen during matches.

Ā 

Nice use of italics though, misrepresentation on pro wrestlers though, we all know they're sports entertainers...

Ā 

I used ā€œpro wrestlersā€ intentionally to highlight that very point.

Ā 

WWE isnā€™t about wrestling. Itā€™s an entertainment showā€”like say Cirque du Soleil. Itā€™s not just about the performers but the whole package, and the production values you come to expect from a show like that or WWE. Entrance videos are part of that.Ā Cirque du Soleil would just be another circus show if it was the performers in a tent and nothing else. Youā€™re telling me the production values arenā€™t also part of the show?

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

Shydad, I don't know if you even know what point you're trying to make there. By the logic that they wouldn't want entrance videos taking attention away from the wrestlers, why would they even be installing LEDs to aprons and ringposts?

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

I'll be honest I'm probably not sure what point I'm making. Trying to pack for a masters I'm trying to budget for, I'm like a bear with a bad head. Apologies Fight Site.

Ā 

I think to some degree I went with RAW/SmackDown over NXT as a reason for the lack of graphics as its as noticeable on the bigger stage much as Simon mentioned above as it is the smaller one for NXT but considering we're in a NXT thread maybe it was a point out of nothing.

Ā 

I just don't believe graphics on the screen make a difference and take a lot away from the wrestlers themselves but I'm finding it impossible to explain.

Ā 

With the led lights though on the ring, I have the attention span of a newt but with lights guiding me towards the ring and with the HD cameras and such it gives it such a nicer presentation in regards to that and the cirque comment above.

The wrestler's name in huge gimmick letters on a theme background does much more for me than the usual filtered reel of movez everyone seems to get on the main roster. I love that most of NXT's entrances are based on camera work, smoke and lighting. Dillinger, Blake and Murphy, and of course Nakamura are all brilliant examples of this. Samoa Joe and his big fat angry murder face. Good stuff.

• Awards Moderator

Thoughts on this week:

Ā 

Samoa Joe continues to be ace on the mic. That little standoff with Regal on the ramp was tense as anything, I thought Regal was in real trouble for a moment.

Ā 

Is this Oney Lorcan guy signed? I hope not, because I don't think much of him at all. He's got a fairly rubbish look and I'm not that keen on his matches either. He certainly shouldn't be going toe to toe with Aries.

Ā 

I am intrigued by Dan Matha though. He looks tall. I like that.

Ā 

I've already forgotten who won the Billie Kay/Aliyah match.

Ā 

Andrade vs Alexander was a great TV match but if they're still going with Cien as a babyface they're really making it hard for themselves continuing to put him against people the crowd like more.

I believe Lorcan is signed, he used to be known as Biff Busick on the indies and got signed at the same time as Swann. They gave him a win over Dillinger and he cut a really bad promo afterwards, like not even a "what were you thinking?" promo - just a "well, you clearly can't talk" promo. I like his in-ring though