NXT Spoiler Pace Discussion *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Samoa Joe is the new NXT champion. Won it on a house show last night.

First thought is why he didn't win at the PPV?

Keep this discussion seperate from the NXT thread for people who don't want to know.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's baffling as to why they did this on a house show, but they did it on a grander scale before with Diesel and Backlund, so it has to be a rush job situation with Balor being called up to the main roster to partake in the whole Burret Crub/AJ gig.

Plus, Owens and Balor both tweeted the below:

77ys.png

Pretty shocking news for a Friday morning! I’m really looking forward to this Bullet Club thing and they’ve managed to increase my anticipation for Payback even more (those of you who’ve read the Payback thread know I’m already intrigued to see what they’ve got planned for it) :D

Well they did it on a house show because that's part of their promotion. They intentionally distribute certain information to the Internet, knowing it will get people talking and in turn get people watching. Free advertisement

This has implications to Balor's future and the main program over the WWE Chanpionship. Everyone likes Joe, we already know he is a badass so doesn't really need a strong win. It's exciting and unpredictable, which is one of the main things that was lacking from WWE

Then we also get the impression anything can happen on a house show

Balor has been protected unlike anyone else in NXT. He very rarely loses and he is booked strong even without the demon getup. It makes no sense for anyone to beat Demon Finn in NXT because beating Demon Finn should be fucking massive when it happens and that should be too big for NXT.

Having him drop it outside of TV protects him and it's also a great advert for NXT house shows as they now have the 'anything can happen' hook. Buzzing at this news!

• Paid Members

The beauty of the Network in situations like this (particularly with NXT being a Network only thing) is that presumably they'll stick up one of those 2 minute 'Breaking News' things (if they haven't already) with a clip of the finish and a bit of reaction, so they don't even need to wait a week to announce it on 'TV'.

It'll then create a bit of buzz around next week's NXT, and the possibility of Balor showing up at Payback.

Well they did it on a house show because that's part of their promotion. They intentionally distribute certain information to the Internet, knowing it will get people talking and in turn get people watching. Free advertisement

I was the person who made a fuss in the other topic about whether or not talking about this should be counted as a spoiler, but this explanation made a lot of sense and I've done a 180 on it.

Good point well made, sir.  :thumbsup:

I couldn't really explain it as well as I wanted to without giving away details, I was trying to be vague for anyone choosing not to open spoiler tags.

Picking out what WWE want us to know and accidentally giving away stuff we shouldn't know could be messy. I think separate threads are probably best for this kind of thing.

• Paid Members

I couldn't really explain it as well as I wanted to without giving away details, I was trying to be vague for anyone choosing not to open spoiler tags.

Picking out what WWE want us to know and accidentally giving away stuff we shouldn't know could be messy. I think separate threads are probably best for this kind of thing.

It is a tough one and I agree that you've made the point well. I think the grey area somes from times where they spoil Smackdown with stuff on their website and social media. I can understand why people wouldn't want to see that. This though, is as you explained. It wasn't a taping, it was a house show. They put it out for the Buzz and I accept boytoy is probably right, it's to protect Balor by not airing him losing too.

I think a spoiler thread is appropriate. Then if people find out other ways, fuck all to do with us!

They did mention on this weeks episode how Balor had just become the longest reigning champion. Interesting that they switched it on a house show and I think the talk of injury to Balor is just storyline. No way is an injured guy taking a Muscle Buster for the finish. Gets a great pop though and I'm weirdly happy the Full Sail crowd didn't get to see it-

Archived