NXT Spoiler Pace Discussion *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

I'm with Clinton on this, surely you'd want more eyes on a big title change. Then again, it's only NXT, it's hardly going to move the needle.

NXT 'moves the needle' a great deal for WWE, in terms of fan enjoyment, interest and just generally being a hot entity that people care about. It's also one of the most watched shows on the Network, hence the money being pumped into it.

But does it move the needle in terms of making actual money? As enjoyable or not as the product may be, I'd rather have the cold hard cash instead of being told by a bunch of fat cunts in CM Punk T-shirts "that was well good, that." If I was running the place.

From what I understood, NXT runs at a loss but is supplimented by the earnings from main roster house shows and tapings. Hence the reason they bulk tape NXT TV in advance. I could be mistaken, but I'm sure I read that somewhere at the end of last year. I'll see if I can find a source.

Edit - This is the only thing I could find. It seems NXT was running at a loss in September 2015, a lot can change in nearly 8 months, but it definitely wasn't making money according to this: http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-discusses-pay-structure-in-nxt-talent-meeting/

The rules are different for NXT.

It's owned by a company that makes many millions in profits.

It's not a promotion designed to make money. It's a brand designed to draw eyeballs to the Network (which it does) and also to introduce and expose new talent to get them ready for the main roster. It also does this.

If it was a separate non-WWE entity run by a sugar daddy and making a huge loss as a standalone promotion, then it would be an issue.

But it's not, it's part of a much bigger picture.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Spot on. La Masia doesn't 'bring any money in' for Barcelona, but it has very high operational costs. It's about investing in your overall product and in particular for the future. NXT not making money isn't a problem, it's not intended to be a revenue stream.

The change was done on a house show to promote the fact that anything can happen at an NXT house show and thus is well worth attending. It's a perfectly logical, actually brilliant, old-school tactic that many companies used to do years ago.

Far more likely the change was done because WWE Creative plans have changed and a decision has been made to bring Finn up to the main roster sooner than NXT had planned for and with their next few weeks of TV already taped, there wouldn't have been an opportunity to switch the title any other way.

NXT tapings spoiler:

Joe vs Balor just confirmed at the NXT TV tapings for Takeover on June 8th. So Balor isn't getting called up yet. They pushed the hell out of a title change happening at a house show on this week's NXT tv show too.

How many eyeballs are drawn to the Network solely because of NXT though? I certainly don't watch it.

I tried to find who said it, but somebody on here said that only 25%-30% of active subscribers watch NXT on the Network. I'd like to know the source of that because if it's true, only a quarter of subsrcibers tuning in isn't great.

If this brand was designed to bring people to the Network, you'd have JBL with his stupid little $59.99 cards saying "Ah, Maggle, why would you pay fiftay naaaan naaaaanty naaaaan for NXT when you can pay naaaaaan naaaaanty naaaaaan!" They never use NXT as the focal point of the Network.

• Paid Members

Personally, I don't watch anything on the Network other than NXT and Breaking Ground on a regular basis. So it's drawn 1 subscriber at least. NXT also persuaded me to attend my first WWE run live event since 1993.

Yeah plenty carry on with some NXT duties even if they're on the main roster so it's hard to tell.

WWE are having fun speculating though.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/is-finn-balor-leaving-nxt-for-wwe

That article smacks to me of them trying to get a few more Raw and Payback viewers by teasing Balor, only to renege and have him show up at a later date. I've given up on him debuting at the weekend so if he does at least I'll get a very pleasant surprise.

What's been spoiled, anyway?

I just didn't want to type "fucking Eric Young like" in the wrong thread, that's all.

I was hoping Bobby Roode would show up at these tapings.  Give it a few months and the main event scene will be Samoa Joe, Eric Young, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode and probably James Storm.  I'm surprised they haven't picked up Magnus yet actually, he could be something special on the main roster if he spends some time in NXT.

Archived