NXT Spoiler Pace Discussion *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

The NXT roster looks really thin without Zayn, Balor, Corbin, Crews, Enzo and Cass some serious star power they have lost there.

I think it is exciting in that it also hits reset on NXT and creates so many opportunities for guys to step up now that all the big indy guys have moved on. Will be refreshing to see so many new faces and hopefully this isn't the end of the golden era of NXT.

I think NXT will be good though.

You still have Joe, Nakamura, Roode, Aries, Riley (think he may be pushed), Drifter and American Alpha just to name a few.  

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The prospect of Bullet Club against The Shield and possibly The Wyatts if they can make them interesting again has just relit my interest in Raw. Love proper stables in wrestling, not these shitty ones where you dunno who's in or out like The Authority. 

Is Rollins due back then? Last I heard it was summer.

• Paid Members

NXT probably needs to clear the decks somewhat do allow the other guys to really test themselves. To be the guys relied on to draw crowds and win rave reviews. A lot of the talent that's been developed in the last couple of years has been guys with a lot of experience who have been polished in NXT like Sami, Finn, Joe, KO and to a lesser extent, Neville. It's been three years since NXT had a champion who was their own product (Bo Dallas) and nearly two years since a Takeover was last main evented by one (Breeze).

The women have come through development well and tags like Enzo & Cass and Jordan & Gable have done too but they'll not made a main event guy from scratch for ages. Corbin was close though.

• Paid Members

Why are The Shield getting back together or is this just fantasy booking?

Currently fantasy booking, but it makes the most sense with the direction they're going. It's also the only good shot they've got trying to get the crowd back onside with Reigns and Rollins instantly becomes a white hot babyface.

Balor needs BC on the main roster. Styles doesn't.

That's not necessarily true. AJ could well fall into 50/50 midcard dross yet, and kids may be sufficiently fooled by Balor's face paint masking his utter lack of charisma.

Also, separately from needing them, I can see already how the backup can help AJ in WWE and how his personality and character works with it. I can't say the same yet for Balor, because he doesn't have a character other than dull guy who likes dressing up for the bigger events. The one or two promo bits I saw of him in NJPW as Bullet Club leader didn't fill me with hope either. He came across like a boring journeyman boxer doing an awkward skit rather than an exciting wrestling star.

Ultimately, I think AJ is a safer bet either way because he seems the much more confident, rounded performer of the two. Being in a faction with personality might further expose Balor.

They'll probably just have BC screw AJ out of the Title.

Of course AJ getting screwed does nothing to help Roman but I think WWE have stopped giving a shit about that.

Glad Joe has the Title. Probably in the minority but I wasn't really that into Balor's reign.

Glad someone else had that opinion. Barring the Owens match in Japan I could never connect with Balor.

Wanted Joe to win at both Takeovers and glad its happened. Looked good seeing Joe with a majorish belt again.

• Paid Members

Balor is obviously talented and his look is a solid A and above, but his promos create a disconnect with me - he's the classic case of somebody obviously remembering lines somebody else wrote for him, leading to bad acting and the feeling it's a bloke playing wrestler.

He's probably been told to do it like, but the... long... slow... pauses... between... saying... he's... retaining... his... N... X... T... title... kills... any... realism... or... interest... bloody BOOOOOOOO!

And credit to Joe. He's worked his arse off since arriving in WWE and ever since turning heel he's managed to rejuvenate his career to the point you can safely argue he's one of the best heel they have. Pleasing he's not on the main show and Joe v Nakamura has so much potential.

Balor needs BC on the main roster. Styles doesn't.

That's not necessarily true. AJ could well fall into 50/50 midcard dross yet, and kids may be sufficiently fooled by Balor's face paint masking his utter lack of charisma.

Also, separately from needing them, I can see already how the backup can help AJ in WWE and how his personality and character works with it. I can't say the same yet for Balor, because he doesn't have a character other than dull guy who likes dressing up for the bigger events. The one or two promo bits I saw of him in NJPW as Bullet Club leader didn't fill me with hope either. He came across like a boring journeyman boxer doing an awkward skit rather than an exciting wrestling star.

Ultimately, I think AJ is a safer bet either way because he seems the much more confident, rounded performer of the two. Being in a faction with personality might further expose Balor.

True but AJ's doing pretty well so far, and I think it'd be a little too early to trigger a heel turn. I'm not against it, and he'll be fine either way, but judging from both of their NJPW work I'd say Balor would benefit more from it at the moment.

Either way I'm intrigued to see where they go with it.

I don't know much about Karl Anderson and I haven't seen Luke Gallows in years. If grouped with Balor are they good enough on promos to carry him?

I know Karl Anderson done some of the mic work in New Japan and he wasn't bad.

Other then that no clue.

Archived