NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Absolutely. One of my favourite things to do over the last few years is boo the shit out of Bubblegum at PCW, because I think he's brilliant.

It feels weird cheering for him now.

That's remarkable, because it was actually Bubblegum that I was thinking of when I made my post. *

I haven't been back to PCW since quite a while before his face turn, but I do remember seeing him at PCW on a Friday night as a heel then making a surprise appearance as a babyface at FutureShock on the Sunday, and such is his versatility as a performer, I was perfectly happy to cheer him. That and the fact he's ace.

Coming down to Jermaine Stewart certainly didn't hurt either.

* Errr, in regards to booing a heel you appreciate their work. Not that he's one of the ones that told me "If you cheer a heel, you're a tosser."

Edited by air_raid

It wasn't the singing that bothered me. It's when they then applauded themselves.

Are they applauding themselves or Nakamura?

People on this forum moan about any fans at live shows. It's all people talk about in the Raw thread whenever they have a show in the UK.

They sang his music during the match itself and then applauded when they were finished, so it came across as they thought they were the best crowd ever.

Absolutely. One of my favourite things to do over the last few years is boo the shit out of Bubblegum at PCW, because I think he's brilliant.

It feels weird cheering for him now.

I haven't been back to PCW since quite a while before his face turn, but I do remember seeing him at PCW on a Friday night as a heel then making a surprise appearance as a babyface at FutureShock on the Sunday, and such is his versatility as a performer, I was perfectly happy to cheer him. That and the fact he's ace.

Aye he's top. Two different characters but both believable and easy to get behind or go against.

Counting out of time with the ref is shitty.

Was at What Culture’s début wrestling show earlier in the week and it was full of people shouting “one fall!” and trying to throw the referees off 10-counts.

That's happened already? Heard it was July?

• Paid Members

Counting out of time with the ref is shitty.

Was at What Culture’s début wrestling show earlier in the week and it was full of people shouting “one fall!” and trying to throw the referees off 10-counts.

That's happened already? Heard it was July?

Yeah, the first set of taping were June 15 and 16. They do have shows scheduled for July with Will Osprey.

• Paid Members

Wow that was fast see any results or info. Was this almost like a secret gig then? Can you give a rundown of the card and set up. How would you describe the show? Really curious about it

Don’t want to give away results as it was recorded to be posted on YouTube at some point in the future.

The card had a good deal of established talent on it: Rampage Brown, Big Damo, El Ligero, Joseph Connors. Also had a handful of local talent, including Jason Prime. Jay Lethal was also on the card, and TAFKA Damien Sandow’s slated for the July events. Was also a bit different in that some of the team at What Culture seem to have “personalities” which were then blended into the show as gimmicks—a few of them managing wrestlers.

Was really impressed with the set-up. The venue was a warehouse that’s mainly used for club nights, so already had a “grunge-y” feel, but What Cultures equipment looked top quality and professional. They had a floor-level entrance stage with three screens, and then a rig above the ring with LED lights.

As previously stated, the show was formatted as “TV tapings”. So one episode was recorded in the first half, then the next week’s episode after the interval. They also had morning and evening tapings the day after, but wasn’t present.

All in all, was really impressed with the show for it being a maiden effort. The atmosphere was great too: plenty of chants and good humour from the crowd. Although I felt it in the back of me knees the next day standing for three hours!

• Moderators

Was also a bit different in that some of the team at What Culture seem to have “personalities” which were then blended into the show as gimmicks—a few of them managing wrestlers.

That sounds shocking

• Paid Members

Was also a bit different in that some of the team at What Culture seem to have “personalities” which were then blended into the show as gimmicks—a few of them managing wrestlers.

That sounds shocking

Why? It’s a What Culture product. They didn’t have too much of a presence on the show. They were just in managerial/“official” roles as opposed to getting in the ring in matches.

Those What Culture lists on youtube are the worst. Saw one the other day entitled 'When the wrong guy went over' . Unsurprisingly, John Cena was on the thumbnail.

Trash.

I enjoy some of their videos but the thought of a WCPW promotion makes me want to gag. They also printed their own magazine recently which I almost bought until I saw the £10 price tag.

Naturally they are calling the venue the WCPW Arena and have it for Roman Reigns and John Cena.

• Moderators

Those What Culture lists on youtube are the worst. Saw one the other day entitled 'When the wrong guy went over' . Unsurprisingly, John Cena was on the thumbnail.

Trash.

It's essentially shitty clickbait in video form with bad comedy. Are folk honestly that much into who these people are that it would justify them being featured performers on a wrestling show rather than people with experience who'd do a better job? Screams vanity project to me. Shame as the talent on the show looks strong.