NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Fair point actually. I think for them to go about in that get up there will need to be some sort of backstory or build if they made it onto the main shows? Looks quality.

that set up looks fucking tiny, going to have to get there early unless that tent goes a mile back. might not be the worst idea as i hear it's pissing down at download right now

I got a second row seat but had to queue for 2 hours beforehand, which didn't bother me as I had seen the bands I wanted to by that point of the day.

There's only a few rows of seats but there's a lot of standing room also. Just be ready for a very smarky crowd who seem to just want to get there chants in. Last night there was a group who wouldn't stop with a 'This Is PROGRESS!' chant until the matches started.

Matches from last night are posted in the other NXT UK tour thread

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Just be ready for a very smarky crowd who seem to just want to get there chants in. Last night there was a group who wouldn't stop with a 'This Is PROGRESS!' chant until the matches started.

What a bunch of wanks.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

The worst thing about NXT is how almost no match has any heel heat. 90% of matches are just dualing fan chants. It would be much more fun to watch if Samoa Joe was hated and Balor was loved and the fans were desperate for him to win. Surely if things were booked properly they could get the fans to respond to heels and faces correctly?

Another thing I don't like about modern wrestling is all of this "let's do the move on the apron/hardest part of the ring" - it's not worth the risk, the move looks just fine when done inside the ring and I don't think fans see it as being more devestating just because it's closer to the edge so why bother?

Edited by Metallica

Jax, Drifter and The Revival get good heat. Corbin and Tyler Breeze did before getting called up too. Imagine this new monster team doing good as well.

After the initial buzz fades off I can imagine Roode getting a decent amount of heat as well

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Bring back Eva. her heat was magic

I would've been opposed to this previously, but I'm struggling to imagine a new female coming in and looking in any way like they have the edge on Asuka, especially now Jax has lost again. Plus, she is awesome and we shouldn't want to see her lose. So, I would actually be in favour of Eva as a transitional champ for the next top face to beat. The heat would melt yer face off

• Paid Members

I thought Takeover was excellent, to be honest.  Great matches all over the shop, with a hot crowd.  Didn't get to watch it until Saturday morning (having done a quick catch-up binge of about 6 weeks of the weekly T in the 2 days prior), managed to avoid all spoilers, and thoroughly enjoyed it when I did.

Andrade 'Cien' Almas against Tye Dillenger was a cracking, hot little match, with Almas looking great.  I was familiar with him as 'La Sombra', but thought he just fit straight in to this environment.

American Alpha vs. Revival was just brilliant.  I was watching it with a massive smile on my face.  From the prior episode of NXT TV it looks like they're going with Gargano/Ciampa as the next challengers, but I'd happily see Alpha/Revival fight on for months.

Nakamura vs. Aries, again, I thought was brilliant.  I was completely engrossed in it and enjoyed it immensely.

Nia Jax isn't particularly very good (though I enjoyed the heck out that 3-way with Alexa and Carmella on TV the previous week; that was great), but thought Asuka looked tremendous here.  I've not been entirely convinced by her so far, to be honest, but thought she looked the business here.  She needs to stop wearing that thong outside her pants, though...

The main event, oddly, was the only match that I was left feeling flat about.  Still a strong match, but just not as interesting as I would have hoped.

Plenty of the stars have moved on, but there's still plenty to enjoy here about NXT.

I watched the new episode of Breaking Ground last night and it was just as good as the previous episodes.

I had forgotten just how incredible the crowd reaction was at Takeover: Dallas when Asuka beat Bayley. Instead of booing or cheering it was one collective gasp, the same kind of reaction to Lesnar ending Undertaker's WrestleMania streak.

The Bayley segments in this episode were quite sad overall. She's clearly struggling to cope with the fact that her 3 best mates got called-up to the main roster almost an entire year ago and she is still waiting.

She was trying to joke around with Carmella at one point but you could tell WrestleMania weekend only made it worse for her.

Loved seeing the footage of HHH telling Enzo & Cass they were going to Raw, and HHH breaking the news of Corbin getting called-up in front of the entire NXT roster at Takeover: Dallas.

Apollo Crews however, was just as uninteresting when he got told about being called-up as he is doing everything else.

ZZ has dropped 35 pounds and looked much better for it. Of the people just getting started who were featured on Breaking Ground, he & Tino Sabatelli appear to be making strides. And Sara Del Ray was talkign about Aliyah being the next big thing.

I'm still not buying Tough Enough Josh though. He was excited about his new name and gimmick, but the footage they showed seemed like there is still a lot of work to do.