NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Moderators

Ellering is a 63yr old man who hasn't been a regular on TV for 25 years. Most of that crowd weren't alive when the Road Warriors were in their prime.

Ā 

Doesn't matter. Nick Bockwinkel wrestled before my prime and was pretty much done when I started watching wrestling. I'd have still recognised him if he came out today and wasn't dead. They ain't as bright as they like to think in Full Sail.

Enjoyed the breaking ground special that followed it too. Bayley seems to genuinely be afraid of not getting the big call up.,

• Paid Members

Chanting "who are you?" at someone is fucking ridiculous at the best of times anyway. Not knowing him isnt the point. But that's a smart arse chant. And it goes to show how smart they are if they are chanting that at someone like Ellering. I dont expect a bunch of kids on Smackdown to know him, but those kids on Smackdown wouldnt be chanting "who are you?" like a bunch of muppets.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

Ellering is a 63yr old man who hasn't been a regular on TV for 25 years. Most of that crowd weren't alive when the Road Warriors were in their prime.

Doesn't matter. Nick Bockwinkel wrestled before my prime and was pretty much done when I started watching wrestling. I'd have still recognised him if he came out today and wasn't dead. They ain't as bright as they like to think in Full Sail.

Yeah, but you - and I, for that matter - ain't normal, Butch. We ain't normal.

Another Takeover, another great show as usual. The tag match was probably match of the night for me, it had some really great action and a legitimate surprise finish. I'm really keen to see what's next for American Alpha.

Ā 

Aries/Nakamura was as good as expected. They almost lost me in the middle but then the action really picked up for the home stretch. Also I really hope Will Ospreay was watching because THAT's how you sell a Death Valley Driver on the apron ;)

Ā 

Everything else was solid if unremarkable. I still don't get Jaxx, that Cien bloke was a pleasant surprise and Finn Balor to the main roster please.

• Paid Members

I thought Ellering turning up was pretty genius. In my head anyway, him walking out instantly crowned this new team as the baddest in the company.

Ā 

Decent show, really. Similar to NEWM, the Takeover shows at Full Sail always come with lowered expectations, seeing as the cards are usually a bit weaker and the crowd has an Impact Zone vibe to it.

Ā 

Pleased Aries finally managed to show what he's capable of. He's been borderline passable since arriving, which is a shame considering he was one of he best wrestlers on the planet a few years back. Nakamura not being on the main show is mental, but nevermind.

Ā 

I'm pleased Joe won because he's really stepped up big time since winning the belt, while Balor has stalled a bit. Joe with a new dynamic opponent (Nakamura) could be the best thing in the company for a couple of months. Balor's entrance and Demon gear are excellent, but for the most part there is a bit of a disconnect there. I know his promos are a big reason I ain't buying his shit, but maybe that's just me.

Ā 

Nia Jax looking like she was about to have a panic attack just before her match was proper diddy stuff.

Decent show.

Ā 

Mostly what I was expecting so I was happy enough at the end. Guessing Asuka Vs. Bayly II is going down in Brooklyn.

Ā 

Wasn't actually shocked at the tag title switch. Philips saying it was Alpha''s first title defence felt like a total "it will take a miracle to leave with the title tonight" moment to me so I was half expecting it.

Ā 

Full Sail crowd can officially get fucked now. The whole chanting the music shit and duel chanting for the pure sake of it can fuck off.

• Paid Members

Is it just me, or did the crowd not seem to be in Andrade Almas? I know it was only his debut everything and I thought he did pretty well, but the crowd seemed to be much more behind Tye Dillenger

You're right. Thought it was stupid to put a new baby face in with Tye Dillinger who the crowd are well into.

Weak show for me. Anti-climatic ending which was actually quite frustrating seeing the show end when we was all expecting something, ANYTHING to happen after the cage lifted.

Ā 

nXt needs a serious shake up so the brand split may turn out to be a good thing for it after all.

Ā 

Really? "nXt"? Come on.