NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Moose sent out a Tweet a couple of days ago that made everyone think he was leaving ROH: https://twitter.com/MooseNation69/status/740572492029263872

He then added fuel to the fire by posting a photo of himself with Apollo Crews: https://twitter.com/MooseNation69/status/740614517009174528

But then he started tweeting about ROH again mentioned all the rumours you can start by visiting friends in Florida: https://twitter.com/MooseNation69/status/741145869538496513

Could be kayfabing everyone, could be on his way in. Meltzer reckons he's told ROH he's staying with them (Observer Radio, June 9th) for the time being though but even he gets fed shit so who knows.

If Trips is hyping up a big new arrival on the womens' side, well I don't know who that could be to be honest. Probably not Garrett. We can hope for Aja Kong or Meiko Satomura (preferable). Any guesses? Oh wait, it's gonna be Velvet Sky innit?

Aja's 45 and 15-20 years past her best. Satomura's no spring chicken either & has nothing to offer NXT as far as I can tell. Syuri's probably the only Japanese girl that'd be anywhere near a fit. She can 'go' and had plenty of past battles with Kana. Kairi Hojo has a lot going for her; gorgeous, great facials, heart & she delivers a picture-perfect diving elbow, but she's small, even compared to Kana / Asuka. Too small for NXT, I would think.

Edited by KingofSports

• Moderators

I know we take the piss out of him but I actually appreciate it because I don't really check any other sites. I'd never find anything out if it wasn't on here.

Because he's wrong a lot. Due to using the worst #Newz sites.

Enjoyed the Takeover show, although it really badly lacked the buzz of previous efforts. The matches for the most part were good, nothing outstanding. Highlights of the show for me were the introduction of Ellering's boys and the crowd responses to Nakamura.

Feels like it's been forever since WWE introduced any new wrestlers with a 'who the fuck are these guys!?' angle. I loved it, it was old school but felt totally fresh for NXT. Nice to see some monstrous looking bastards too, they seem to be a dying breed in the company.

For me, just to have Ellering by their sides gives them a feel of 'these guys must have something special about them' because you wouldn't bring in Paul Ellering and give him utter dross to manage,

Please no ventriloquist puppets this time though.

Edited by BOOKER T-axi

If Trips is hyping up a big new arrival on the womens' side, well I don't know who that could be to be honest. Probably not Garrett. We can hope for Aja Kong or Meiko Satomura (preferable). Any guesses? Oh wait, it's gonna be Velvet Sky innit?

Aja's 45 and 15-20 years past her best. Satomura's no spring chicken either & has nothing to offer NXT as far as I can tell. Syuri's probably the only Japanese girl that'd be anywhere near a fit. She can 'go' and had plenty of past battles with Kana. Kairi Hojo has a lot going for her; gorgeous, great facials, heart & she delivers a picture-perfect diving elbow, but she's small, even compared to Kana / Asuka. Too small for NXT, I would think.

Oh I know. Aja was more of a joke really. Meiko was having great matches in Chikara only a few years back though. I'm so out of the joshi scene these days that I only mentioned them because they always seem to have standout matches with eachother and I always enjoy their work. I literally couldn't think of anyone else though, not having followed Shimmer forever either.

Looks like I'll be 'holy shitting, who the fuck is this chick?' when she turns up eitherway  :thumbsup:

Or it's Velvet Sky, whom i'm positive she seems to have a big enough following based purely on her looks, that she would be considered 'big'. Most of the 'most viewed' videos on TNA's youtube contain her in some capacity, even though most of them are shit, barely a minute long clips.

• Paid Members

Are Authors of Pain keeping their mask gimmicks for entrances?

Ellering is inspired for me, his links to the ultimate muscle team will help the hell out of those two going over.

• Paid Members

There's so few "gimmicks" these days I wonder how they'd do on the main roster? One of the reasons I loved the Wyatt family was the fact they were completely different. The gimmick was never capitalised on so although these guys look badass, I'm not sure they'd survive long term.