NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Counting out of time with the ref is shitty.

Ā 

Was at What Cultureā€™s dĆ©but wrestling show earlier in the week and it was full of people shouting ā€œone fall!ā€ and trying to throw the referees off 10-counts.

• Paid Members

Singing along with Nakamura's theme is loads of fun.

Ā 

The problem with "one fall" is nobody can explain what the actual joke is. It's fucking shit. I know it started at ICW or wherever but what is it actually supposed to be? Nobody can answer that.

It wasn't the singing that bothered me. It's when they then applauded themselves.

Are they applauding themselves or Nakamura?

Ā 

People on this forum moan about any fans at live shows. It's all people talk about in the Raw thread whenever they have a show in the UK.

• Paid Members

There's a lot that certain crowds do that wind me up ("Both these guys!", "Fight Forever (clap clap clapclapclap)!", etc.), but the "ONE FALL!" thing British crowds do isn't one of them.

Ā 

I genuinely don't mind that one - it doesn't distract or detract from the match or story, and it isn't outwardly making a meta statement on the quality of the "performance". It's just a fun thing for fans to do and join in with, getting involved right from the outset. It doesn't go on and on - it's just a bit of fun and then it's forgotten. And it's uniquely British.

Ā 

I think it's just like at certain football grounds, where the stadium announcer will say the first name of a player/substitute/goalscorer and then the crowd all shout the surname.

Edited by Big Benny HG

Yeah the over-reaction to the fans is way over the top now, its mostly nitpicking at stuff that is harmless fun, I'd rather have the singing or any noise instead of the silence Raw and Smackdown sometimes gets.

Ā 

They add to the excitement watching it at home too, I went to Takeover:London and it was great and so was the atmosphere

Ā 

Balors entrance looks great with the fans all raising there arms, singing to Naks or Zayns theme is fine,

Ā 

silly chants dont bother me I hardly notice them and cant see how it affects anyone that badly

• Paid Members

Ben's said exactly what I would have said about "ONE FALL!" It's not about drawing attention, it's just fun shouting. It does feel a bit incongruous when you hear it at a medium-sized venue full of children in front of a polished WWE Universe production, but there's no harm.

Ā 

On a similar note, people counting up at a ref, thinking it's funny, when the ref isn't Chris Roberts..... I'd love to understand why they think it's funny. Without the context, I'd find it not even remotely funny. Which is why I understand others thinking it's stupid.

It's bad enough trying to start clap clap clap at an ICW show unless it had numerous fooks or buggers in it.

Ā 

My annoyance with crowds is the ones who cheer the baddies especially with a family friendly show i went to last night. Thank god for screaming kids to drown them out.

• Paid Members

My annoyance with crowds is the ones who cheer the baddies especially with a family friendly show i went to last night. Thank god for screaming kids to drown them out.

Ā 

I fucking hate that so much. Hey, "smart fan." That heel wrestler you love, and are cheering for. He's working his bollocks off trying his best to be a heel. To be a bad guy. To earn boos. You love him, so you're cheering. You love him. Guess what? He hates you. He thinks you're a cunt. I won't name names, but some wrestlers have told me themselves how irritated they get by people cheering when they're playing heel.

Ā 

If you love watching that heel wrestler, fucking BOO. That's what they want.

If you love watching that heel wrestler, fucking BOO. That's what they want.

Absolutely. One of my favourite things to do over the last few years is boo the shit out of Bubblegum at PCW, because I think he's brilliant.

Ā 

It feels weird cheering for him now.