NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Apparently it was some kind of issue with scar tissue post surgery, probably not knitting back together properly. HHH said in the conference call that it was to do with that and that he didn't want him coming back nearly ready, only if he was totally sorted. So god knows when that will be as some surgeries that cause scar tissue trouble never heal. But then with the medical care and access to the best of doctors, surgeons and facilities that they have it's bound to be a very uncommon problem.

Don't get me wrong, I wasnt implying that I want him gone as Im sure he can still do something for them. But with the momentum Nakamura has, he needs to really make his comeback matter straight away because, as Pitcos mentioned, he had been a letdown upto that point. Being lumped with the Ascension didn't do him any favours and he should have won that 2 out of 3 Falls against Tyler Breeze.

As for this weeks show:

Authors of Pain is a fucking shit name.

I assume that the Cien Almas/Tye Dillenger rematch wasn't a perfect 10, zonkingly massive edits in that one.

I thought Finn's promo was one of his better ones, until he kept saying "what's next for Finn Balor?" Over and over. Thecrowd can fuck off with their "please don't go!" and "Balor Club!" chants too

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Intrigued by what's in store for the future of NXT I've uncharacteristically read the spoilers for the next two weeks.

No Bobby Roode, No Eric Young, No Eva Marie, No Peyton Royce, No Asuka!

Edited by Philjax

I really don't see the fascination in Balor. He is dull as dishwater from a personality perspective, he isn't believable on the mic and sure he can do wonders in the ring but I don't get the gimmick either. 

Nakamura was a bit too hammy with the facial expressions during the promo but I still love everything about the guy inside and outside of the ring. He is mesmerising and I can watch him all day but I have to admit the grimacing mid-promo was a little weird. That said he is massively different to everything else on any of the shows that you can hardly moan. 

Sheepmask I know you did but how can you complain about the fans on this chanting 'please dont go' is fairly standard stuff for someone rumoured to be leaving and chanting 'balor club' is a thing of his. I know you dislike fans but this is clutching straws

Anyhoo I thought Balor was better here too (not great but better) Nak was good but weird too

The Bobby Roode stuff is weird, 3 appearences but still pushing 'has he/hasnt he' thing, Young is in a similar position 

Sometimes it does seem they havnt always a plan post takeover 

Sheepmask I know you did but how can you complain about the fans on this chanting 'please dont go' is fairly standard stuff for someone rumoured to be leaving and chanting 'balor club' is a thing of his. I know you dislike fans but this is clutching straws

I don't dislike fans per se, I dislike the Full Sail fans who think they're so smart and part of the show.

As for the 'Please Don't Go' thing, it's the whole "you're ours, no one else can have you" mentality of it.

"No Finn, don't go up to the main roster and perform on the big stage all over the world and make something of yourself. No, stay in Orlando forever and perform to the same 500* people over and over".

They're like the guy at a gig whose all "well I saw them before them were signed, and there first two albums that were on 50p records were miles better than the shite they put out on Sony".

With the indie guys that have come in over the last couple of years, when the crowd fucking love guys because on nternet points, how the fuck are you supposed to build an effective heel or face? At the Cruiserweight Classic they'll be cheering for fucking everybody.

They hadn't even been noticeable until the last segment

Look at last year with Takeover in Brooklyn. "At Takeover Brooklyn..."

"BOOOOO!"

God forbid someone else gets to have a big NXT show at some point

* a rough guess

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I found the Balor promo cringe inducing because of the crowd. I think they chanted about five different things. Also, when anyone other than Nakamura does Nakamura's hand gestures, they look like they're having a seizure.

"Also on this week's SCG Small Claims Court, Kieran O'Rourke brings a charge of fraud against "Smart" fans for becoming parodies of themselves and exposing themselves as "marks for themselves". A possibly controversial charge, what are your takes on the modern WWE audience?"

Seems apt