NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Balor will almost certainly be up very soon.

I'm just hoping he isn't awkwardly plonked into the magic AJ's doing atm like "actually it's Balor Club"

• Paid Members

Shows how high our expectations are that a cracking opener with a good debut, a shocking tag title switch, a hot suprise debut and return, a very good Aries/Nakamura "dream match", a Bobby Roode tease and a solid cage main event from the development brand only equates to a mediocre show!

Ā 

I think it was missing the brilliant women's match that we've become accustomed to in the last two years but otherwise, it was a really fun show.

Ā 

Tag Title changes was a shocker. That mean American Alpha are on their way up?

I certainly wanna see them take down them 2 Braun Strowmans before/during their call-up

Ā 

Think I preferred Asuka/Jax to Bayley/Jax, Jax does seem to have improved a little. Really rated everything on the card, yeah the tag title switch was gobsmacking. The Revival are great though.

Good competitive squash opener, I'm sure the new guy didn't use all his tricks though the finish was a bit weak

Main I will have to give another go as I was getting headachey but liked the finish and glad of the outcome

Edited by sj5522

I quite enjoyed that. Nothing majorly earth shattering happened but all of the matches were of a great quality, especially the tag match, I was genuinely not expecting to be so amazed at that one and what followed had me genuinely surprised, as someone mentioned earlier, it genuinely took me back to my childhood, wondering who someone was when they debuted by ambushing a face. In this day and age to do something like that feels very exciting and special, especially with such a legendary manager linked with them.

Ā 

The matches all went the way I was expecting bar that one but it was all very fun and exciting. Guessing it won't be long now until the Demon is on Raw...or Smackdown!

• Paid Members

Watched the HHH interview on Facebook? Bit of an odd interview in that he talks about NXT outside kayfabe, even joking that it's over and suggesting he's broken the internet, but then when asked about Paul Ellering, he says it was a surprise and they'll have to ask William Regal!

Ā 

Wasn't that interesting. He said that "The End" referred almost to the end of NXT as a development brand - it's now it's own brand and that's how they are taking it forward.

Ā 

Trips said "Why would you put a mask on him?" referring to Cien. That was my first thought. The kid is a looker. Put a fucking mask on Psichosis by all means!

Ā 

Teased Nakamura as Joe's next challenger. Said he doesn't see Balor walking away, whatever that means.

Ā 

Tickets on sales on Saturday for NXT:Brooklyn 2, night before SummerSlam.

Ā 

Unrelated: Cathy Kelly has smashing tits.

I'm only arsed about NXT when it's in big arenas - I know, I know - so I just flicked through this thread to see what the feeling was but Paul Ellering? What?

Ā 

He still wearing swimming goggles with the weird 'Mr. Dot Com' jacket? I liked that look on him.

• Paid Members

He looked like Paul Ellering with a grey goatee in smart clothes. Looked well for his age, always a bonus in pro-wrestling.

Ā 

I don't like the idea myself, nostalgia aside. If they're going to have managers, I'd much rather see them using someone young on the way up who might spark the re-birth of managers. Someone who's a great talker but can't work. Like Corey Graves or JBL. Anything to get them out of the commentary booth.

• Paid Members

Ellering is a 63yr old man who hasn't been a regular on TV for 25 years. Most of that crowd weren't alive when the Road Warriors were in their prime.

I have to admit I didn't recognise Ellering at first without his shades and newspaper, was only when Graves pointed it out on commentary that it clicked

Ā 

Done a bit of research, apparently that new monster team have been known as the Authors of Pain on the NXT house shows under hoods, one is Dutch-Albanian the other is Canadian

Ā 

Aries/Nakamura was match of the night for me, one of the best Aries has been in since signing while Shinsuke continues to be awesome

Ellering is a strange one, he didnt spend that much time in wwe and wasnt around much during LOD most memorable times 90-98, yet he's someone that doesnt look like he's aged since he was last on wwe tv which must be what 17years?

Ā 

That new team could be interesting, an old school bruiser type that the ascension should've been, it would be cool if Animal appeared as a coach for them or something but I doubt it cos he was slating wwe for slagging LOD during the ascenions debut.

Ā 

The one with the tattoo was briefly on Breaking Ground in a car with that indian dude, they're big boys remind me of Headhunters a bit

Edited by The Cutting Edge

• Paid Members

I thought it was a good show. Bordering on great. Opener was a lot of fun, a little short. The tag match was great, made awesome by the guy in the front row in the Be A Star t-shirt who appeared to be openly weeping at AA losing. Aries/Nakamura was way better than I thought it'd be because I'm not a big fan of Aries. The women's match wasn't great, but then I think Fat Jax is absolute shit. And the main event was very good, but I don't need to see another Balor/Joe match in my lifetime. Solid 8/10 show.

The who are you felt more on the wrestlers, crowd didn't look to pay attention to ellering. What a random choice he is, presume he's been about when his daughters been training

I thought it was a fun show but like others said it missed the usual 'Match of the Year' candidates that we have got used to from takeovers but that to me just speaks how awesome the brand is.

Ā 

I would like to see Finn kept off TV now until his debut , there is nothing left for him in NXT; He's been there for nearly 2 years, last night was the blow off of a nearly year long program. He done.

Ā 

I felt Askua/Jax isn't getting the credit it deserves. Asuka bought the best out of her. I don't see where Jax fits in the main roster, she is like a fatter more useless Tamina. I'm very intrigued by what HHH said afterwards, he teased a big name woman is coming, any ideas?

On the plus side, even the best Takeovers have gone fairly according to most people's prediction, this one felt like the most up-in-the-air show they've done. Especially after a debut, a tag title switch, a new beefy tag team w/ manager taking out Gable & Jordan and with the brand split stuff it felt like anything could happen