NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Surprised at the lack of comment for last weeks airing......

When 'The Rock's Mum' wobbled out in her own clothes I wondered whose idea was that? Quite unflattering, but actually in the end she did probably her best work yet for someone who up til then was pretty shit on the stick, AND got the upper hand rather impressively.

Bold prediction: Aries goes over by cheating. He really needs the win more than Nak does.

Such a complicated name change for La Sombra. They're already pronouncing it wrong according to my Brazilian UFC fighter knowledge....

I'm sure they can do something more with the guy than just what he's doing, which is still over as shit. His promo before the Shinsuke match a few weeks back I thought was great. I'm sure with a few good wins under his belt and a short-term babyface run he could be the hottest act in developmental, post-brand split

I think the fact that Balor and Joe are facing each other for the 1000th time is dampening some of the anticipation, even with the cage gimmick. The next biggest match, Aries vs. Nakamura... Nakamura has been great, but Aries hasn't exactly set the world on fire yet IMO.

It feels like a while since we've seen a straight up cage match in WWE- Asylum match weirdness aside- and NXT gimmick matches are really rare, so I'm keen to see how far they take it.

Something about Aries vs. Nakamura doesn't do it for me... I think it's supposed to be a "dream match", but meh.

Excited to see this Andrade guy debut. Every house show report I've read said he came out as an unknown, but by the end of his match got one of the pops of the night.

• Paid Members

Good show in parts, but one of the weaker Takeover shows they've done. The Aries/Nakamura match was great, but everything else wasnt out of this world, as we've come to expect from these things.

Highlight of the show was Precious Paul Ellering showing up! I mean fucking hell, that was a surprise. The smart arses in Full Sail chanting "who are you?" amused me. They arent as smart as they think they are, it seems.

• Paid Members

I think it speaks volumes that things like the tag belts changing, Paul Ellering showing up with some brick shit-house tag team and the anticipation of something big happening had me feeling like I was a kid watching it again. Sat in shock American Alpha dropped the belts, going "Who are those massive fuckers?" with my jaw on the floor.

Yeah, I was also in real shock following the Tag Switch, and Ellering rocking up with the big lads compounded that well.

Really enjoyed the show, but I had extremely measured expectations based on both the card and its placement at Full Sail, which is home to the b-Level Takeovers now. And that's fine. The two singles title matches were the weaker affairs for me, but Nia Jax is bollocks (and Asuka's mint, but not always as over as they want her to be yet), and Joe/Balor was clearly running out of juice as a story in front of our very eyes.

Was chuffed Tye got some real time to shine (quality waistcoat too), and the new Mexican fella was okay too, especially considering he had the look of a littler No Way Jose in his entrance.

I had some worries that Nakamura and Aries couldn't deliver on lofty hopes but they did with ease. They're both mint.

I wasnt sure if the chants were directed to the two new guys or Ellering, he's certainly a name that's come out of nowhere maybe they did'nt or could'nt recongise him without his pic on the big screen.

I'm guessing Roode is on his way in now, most likely at the next tapings

Balor needs to move up there's nothing left for him to do other than a few 'dream' matches

after the review of the 6 man hell in a cell I watched it the other day and when the classic 'The End' song was used I thought they should use it for this, glad they did.

nxt could be doing with a shake up which I'm sure thats whats coming anyway 

Edited by The Cutting Edge