NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Outside of the obvious perfect choices (Asuka, Bailey and probably a couple more) the ladies often have shitty, bland pop as their music. I'm of the opinion that your music should either be a reflection of your character (people like Golddust, Tyler Breeze etc...) or it should be music that says you are ready for a fight, and so many of the women come out to tame pop tunes - it just kills any buzz for a fight. Far too much smiling on the way to the ring as well. Act like you mean business and people might take you seriously.

I think her music is just about all she's got going for her, unless she's in there with Bayley. It's developmental, so it's fine, but nothing quite...clicks in anything she does.

Whether it's physically in the ring, her look, her walk. The whole lot is precisely one step out, and as well as watching tapes of monsters, she needs to watch tapes of herself, because I get the feeling she thinks she's projecting things right, and she's one big step to the left away from cracking any of it. Her rock bottom moment for me was post-Bayley/Carmella where she wasn't even holding Carmella up properly for the Eva Marie beating. It made everybody look like fucking shit, the lot of them. She's just not very natural at doing any of the performance stuff yet, and it's an enormous issue that needs fixing before she looks close to being a finished article.

That said, twice now with Bayley she's proven she can be carried, and as a Khali fan, I'll say that if you're a giant and you're good enough to have great people work around you, you'll be fine. I imagine Asuka will do grand with her, as would Sasha, Becky and Charlotte probably. So oddly, her in-ring is probably good to go, apart from the fact she needs to get her fucking arse up the air a bit more if she's dropping the big leg for a finish.

Nakamura also having a little boogie to Regal's theme music was great too. It's still a bit mind blowing that Nakamura is in WWE. If only Tanahashi was a few years younger

Johnny Gargano looks like any number of people you walk past on a daily basis and is about the same height as Renee Young. There's just nothing to him.

And what kind of a name is TM61?

I liked the Andrade Almas vignette

Austin Aries just reminds of the guy with little bloke syndrome from The Clevland Show. And his promos are fucking shit too, which is amazing considering how long he's been about.

I like how BabyMetal have been used to pop the "it's cool because it's from Japan!" marks

And I don't know what it was, but Asuka looked so fucking hot in that interview (if you can even call it that)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

This weeks show was great for one particular moment.

Nakamura: "You no understand Japanese, right?"

Aries: "I don't understand you."

Nakamura: "Yeah, me too."

Just the timing of it, cracked me right up.

Saw the video of that this morning. It was beautiful. https://streamable.com/y53v

Really like this video teaser for Andrade's debut too.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator

Overnight, Triple H tweeted:

"On June 8th LIVE on @WWENetwork

#NXTTakeOver: The End...

Where do we go from here?"

Speculation? Absorbed into SmackDown? Or is it as simple as the end of Balor / Joe?

Edited by Onyx2

Just the end to the Balor/Joe feud I reckon

There's has been great speculation going on online though. From the not beyond the realms of possibility-

To the downright 'calm down, it's only a fucking TV show-

I don't like it at all. The End? It hints at too many bad things for me. The end of NXT? The end of developmental having its own show? The end of my happiness? Only good thing "The End" could mean is the end of Balor's time in NXT. Otherwise, this seems crazy.
Edited by WyattSheepMask

I hope Balor gets moved up, I know they've needed him as the top guy and face of the brand but he's in his mid 30's if they want to make something out of him and get there money worth then he needs to move on,

In some ways he seems out of place in current nxt, with all the fresh faces he seems like the old guy clinging on (if that makes sense its hard to explain)

Alexa Bliss is lovely and reminds me of in prime Sunny 

Aries needs to go heel, he's much better suited, I'd have him cheat to beat Naka to cement him as a heel and doubt it'll hurt Naka at all.

I reckon Joe will be a face before long too

Slagged him off in the past but fair play to Graves for getting in on the fun with Jose. Jose is pretty naff though.

Like the revamped opening video.

Baby Metal seems pretty fucking random. And shit.

Nakamura Vs. Aries is going to be all kinds of awesome and that little exchange between them was cool.

Still don't care about Nia Jax and just want to get to Asuka Vs. Bayley II. Now watch Jax fuckng win.