NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Ā 

Moving someone down to be Nxt champion would make it like wwecw . They seem to be drawing fine as they are

But the discussion is about what will happen when their top guys are called up to the main roster, especially when the next line of top guys (Corbin, Crews, Cass) are already on the main roster too.

Same thing that happened when all the previous guys went, more progression and bringing guys in or through the system. Lower Mid card guys going down to retune, or job is fine. Sending someone down to be champion is taking away that Nxt title is a you are the next guy we think can be something belt.

You've identified the problem Louch, but the solution is not as easy and striaghtforward as you are making out.

Ā 

When Neville left around this time last year there was already Zayn & Balor already established as main event babyfaces and Joe stepped in as the new #1 heel after Owens departed.

But this year they have already lost Zayn & Crews who were two of the top babyfaces and Corbin & Breeze who were two of the top, established heels.

Ā 

Nakamura is the only person who is over enough right now to be inserted in to the main events.

Other than that, they need to crack on and get pushing some other people. I'm not sure Aries & Roode (both approaching 40 years old) are the right choices to lead the developmental company in the second half of this year.

Ā 

The other possibility is pushing tag teams into the main event spots as they did so well with the women last year, if they are creative enough with the teams they have at their disposal.

Pitcos's post on the previous page is right on the money. I don't understand DavidB's complaint that it's a development system so established guys should be kept away. Total contradiction there. The best way for the younger guys to learn is to have them going out there with people who've been around the block on WWE's main shows.

Ā 

If WWE are planning on building the company around Roman Reigns for the next 5-10 years, then NXT by proxy must be there to develop a large talent pool of mid-upper card wrestlers. Their plan doesn't seem to be to make individual main event stars.

Ā 

Which makes you wonder what would happen if they brought the next Orton, Cena, Batista up through NXT. The fans would shit on them.

Ā 

There seems to be a very blurry line between wrestlers who are over with live crowds and wrestlers who are draws. As Ā over' as a lot these wrestlers are who've come through NXT, I'm not sure if many of them have what it takes to be an actual draw for the company. Most of them seem to appeal to the same fans who would continue watching regardless of whether they're in the company or not.

Ā 

They need to start sending scouts down to the beaches in California and signing up tanned bodybuilders asap.Ā 

Pitcos's post on the previous page is right on the money. I don't understand DavidB's complaint that it's a development system so established guys should be kept away. Total contradiction there. The best way for the younger guys to learn is to have them going out there with people who've been around the block on WWE's main shows.

They have plenty of people actually working in NXT like Regal etc that they can learn from. I don't really want to see the brand turn into Raw-lite or anything.

Ā 

It's not a contradiction - more personal choice. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing Sheamus or Ziggler or whoever turning up when I find them fast forward material on the main shows as it is. I love NXT as something different with new faces or under-utilised main roster talent. That's why I didn't really have a problem with guys like Kidd turning up. Same with Cesaro at the time, or Axel etc. They're experienced solid guys but not over-exposed on the main roster.

Ā 

Maybe it would work. It's just not something I've personally been thinking is missing or that they should be doing. It almost goes against what the brand stands for and what the fans love about it currently.

Assuming Balor, Joe and Nakamura are on the main roster by WrestleMania (not a dead cert but given their ages you'd expect it)... Who are the top NXT guys then? It seems like that'd be when the likes of Corbin and Crews take over, but they're already called up. I'm not a regular viewer of the show so I could be off, but it doesn't seem like the brand has that tier of talent ready to step up into top spots. I feel like the reason Balor vs Joe has gone on for six months is that they're short of options as it is. Aries and Bobby Roode?

Could they not build up some of the entrants in the Cruiserweight Classic to be the top stars of NXT in the future, along with Aries and Roode (if Aries and Roode are staying with NXT for the next year or so)? I guess it depends how the tournament goes, who some the other entrants are, and who they manage to keep after it has finished, but surely they could get a handful of new potential stars out of it to add to the current roster.

Has to have a double foot stomp from the top of the cage. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if Balor regained the Title.

Ā 

I just can't picture him on the main show cutting those awkward promos. More chance of Joe moving up for an IC Title program imo.

It's been mentioned a few times that they might struggle for names if they move NXT's main guys up to Raw and SD. There's a lot more value in keeping Balor in NXT for another year or two IMO.

Ā 

I get that it's there as a development system but they do need to maintain some names in NXT and Balor's a good fit to stay there. Same goes for guys like Aries and Roode. Chances are, Balor would struggle on Raw and become another Neville.

Ā 

I'd be down for Balor winning and Joe going to Raw.