NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Yeah i think a cage match is the one i'd hope for. You can rule out First Blood surely, haha?

Ā 

I could actually do without these 3 minute squash matches for Nakamura. Just keep him on the Takeovers or like next week, in tag matches. He'll be old hat by the time he makes it to Raw.

Ā 

I watched an NXT match from 2011 Chikara yesterday. Kana Vs Jessie McKay. Plenty more to come from those two girls.....

Ā 

Quite shocked by both Balor and The Drifter this week. Seemed much better than usual. 'Ol' River Island' is getting Eva heat.....

Ā 

No Way Jose: Like the music, not so much the dancing. Doesn't have the aura to be squashing ANYONE in less than 2 minutes though (and I don't think I want to see him go 5).

Ā 

Not looking good for Bliss' boys. Think they could get cut somewhere down the line if she ditches them. Lost in the shuffle.

Ā 

Where the fuck is Peyton Royce?

Ā 

Ā 

Nakamuras' rope bent thing was done in perfect time with his music this week.

Gave me the shoulder goosebumps!

I air punched at that! Utterly brilliant.

Ā 

The Drifter was great in the opening segment. I'm fully on board with the character, he's such a hateable twat, and I love that you can barely hear his songs over the booing.

I love watching (and listening to) the Drifter. The fans seem to love to boo him so the gimmick must be working. I just hope he's not going to lose all the time now.

• Moderators

I suppose Nakamura is doing these 3 minute squashes as he probably never really has, and so needs to learn how to do them for the main roster as not every match he'll have will call for a 20 minute barnburner. Let's not lose sight of NXT primarily being developmental.

• Paid Members

The squash matches are great. Like the good old days, it allows Nakamura to get his signature spots over with those unfamiliar with his NJPW stuff, while also making him look like a boss.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Moderators

What are the odds of Nakamura doing many squashes on the real shows in 2016 anyway? Owens has been around for a year now and he only ever really does a little squash match the odd time he wrestles Zack Ryder.

Might be called into it on Main Event and Superstars. And he'll probably be brought in with matches designed to show him off vz Tyler Breeze and Fandango

Hey! Breeze and Fandango are going places now. I'll hear no further word of them being enhancement talentĀ  :sneaky:

Ā 

Additionally, Nak should be nowhere near ME or Superstars and if he failed to have a decent 2 minute match on there would it really matter? Some of the abortions on those shows where they don't even seem to edit out the loud spot calling and sloppiness.....

Ā 

I dunno if that Cena/Nakamura match in Hawaii is actually happening but I would assume that would be a far better gauge of what he's capable of rather than whether he can hold the fans attention for 3 minutes in a main roster scenario where matches regularly go over 10 minutes these days.

Ā 

I'd be far more concerned with how Vince feels about his physique....

Edited by Philjax

Assuming Balor, Joe and Nakamura are on the main roster by WrestleMania (not a dead cert but given their ages you'd expect it)... Who are the top NXT guys then? It seems like that'd be when the likes of Corbin and Crews take over, but they're already called up. I'm not a regular viewer of the show so I could be off, but it doesn't seem like the brand has that tier of talent ready to step up into top spots. I feel like the reason Balor vs Joe has gone on for six months is that they're short of options as it is. Aries and Bobby Roode?