NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I remember his match with Nakamura and he didn't shrink, he grasped the situation.

I thought that too, seemed so comfortable out there and seems to be naturally confident when it comes to promos too. Doesn't come across as forced, either.

I was half asleep and then no way jose woke me up! Really like his character, its fun but you can also take him seriously as well, unlike say, a fandango type. Also really digging Dillinger as well, he was way more over, hope they start elevating him a bit more. 

I might have already said this after their Axxess match, but I reckon Dash & Dawson will make brilliant babyfaces one of these days. They've got loads of juice left as heels, don't get me wrong, but offense-wise they're awesome to watch as a team, and you'd only have to position them against heels and cut down on the cheating a bit to push them as tough good guys. I'm pleased too, as I worried that without the belts they'd be trapped in the no-mans-land between the NXT midcard and WWE call-up that Blake and Murphy have been since losing the titles.

I'd like to see their run come full circle, winning the belts as faces off whichever heel team eventually have to unseat American Alpha when Jordan and Gable get the call to come up to the main roster and save the entire industry.

• Awards Moderator

Samoa Joe is great, he's been on a tear recently and that continued this week.

Loved the new intro video Dillinger got, I would in fact give it a 10. Thought Nia Jax looked really good this week too, and was pleased to see Tessa Blanchard back.

Looking forward to seeing Finn next week, and to have Nakamura beat the piss out of Alex Riley.

• Paid Members

Samoa Joe is so fucking good right now. The quicker they get him on Raw, the better. A feud with Samoa Joe would be the best thing to ever happen to Brock Lesnar. They could easily headline SummerSlam with those two. They'd probably have the match of the decade, too.

If you count NXT, this might be the best roster WWE has ever had. The amount of talent they have at their disposal is insane.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Samoa Joe is so fucking good right now. The quicker they get him on Raw, the better. A feud with Samoa Joe would be the best thing to ever happen to Brock Lesnar. They could easily headline SummerSlam with those two. They'd probably have the match of the decade, too.

If you count NXT, this might be the best roster WWE has ever had. The amount of talent they have at their disposal is insane.

Fucking hell, Supremo, they're two massive over-statements. You been drinking?

• Paid Members

I really, really don't see Joe's style working as well against someone twice the size if of him, especially someone used to throwing guys around throughout the entire match. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I can only see a match between Joe and Brock being a massive disappointment. The dynamic doesn't work for me.

• Paid Members

Joe is great at bringing the intensity for those one off event style matches against an established star. See Kobashi, Angle, even Scott Steiner. He even dragged a spectical out of Necro Butcher. Can't imagine a Brock match being any different. Hopefully it happens at some point.

+1 for Supremo's post and Benno's right IMO. Joe's got an aura about him that makes him a few inches taller. It's more plausible than people wanting Ambrose to beat Lesnar.

Joe's best matches have always been the ones with the big fight feel. I don't think Joe would be out of place. It could be a great SummerSlam match. If they were ever going to bring Angle back in a non-wrestling role, you could show footage of him training Joe in the build up.

If Joe was wearing a Team Angle tracksuit in the build up then he has to go over.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

Joe and Lesnar would be pretty shit, they both always seem to be gassing after ten minutes. Looks a genuine struggle for Joe to keep going these days. I have no interest in seeing this

Nothing about his act has changed in ten years. He seems like a shell of his former self clutching to the success of his youth

• Paid Members

Joe and Lesnar would be pretty shit, they both always seem to be gassing after ten minutes. Looks a genuine struggle for Joe to keep going these days. I have no interest in seeing this

Nothing about his act has changed in ten years. He seems like a shell of his former self clutching to the success of his youth

This post seems about six months out of date. Joe's in great form currently.

Joe/Lesnar would be great and I don't think it needs be more than ten minutes of clubbing the shit out of each other anyway. Suggesting it'd be the best thing to ever happen to Brock is ludicrous though.