NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

A lot of the crowd's silence is due to them taping some of the matches at stupid o'clock in the morning.  I went to the 8am Axxess session on the Sunday, got there around 9am and they started taping some matches at around 9:30.  My mate and I were out late the night before, slightly hungover, and making any sort of noise aside from the odd grunt was out of the question.  I'd assume quite a few people were in the same boat.

I'm saying it now, before he either becomes a cult hit or everyone rips him to shreds and he ends up in town halls in front of 7 people. I'm well and truly on the No Way Jose hype train. It was the exact sort of stupid humour I enjoy and he's got a decent look. I'm hooked.

• Paid Members

I don't know long they plan on having the belts on American Alpha, but I think they could slot onto the main roster nicely right now. If they plan on making Summerslam another big show this year, maybe they'll be brought on RAW the next night.

I'm going to stick another prediction out there ; I reckon Sasha wins the main roster Womens title at SummerSlam and your NXT call-up the next night will be Bayley.

• Paid Members

Have they started bringing people up after SummerSlam like they do after Mania? Makes sense, the post-SummerSlam months are the dullest around. A few new faces might help make it a bit more interesting.

Edited by PunkStep

• Awards Moderator

I'm saying it now, before he either becomes a cult hit or everyone rips him to shreds and he ends up in town halls in front of 7 people. I'm well and truly on the No Way Jose hype train. It was the exact sort of stupid humour I enjoy and he's got a decent look. I'm hooked.

I'm with you. It's utterly ridiculous, but the fun kind of ridiculous. He's fun. I'm in.

The opener was the highlight this week (other than Jose, who had me grinning, first from a "what the fuck is this" and then from a "ha, this is actually really fun" point of view) - American Alpha really are something special. Fantastic team.

It feels a little like the ship has sailed on Nia Jax. I think they probably had her challenge for the title, and lose that challenge, a little too early. Her stuff with Eva Marie's much more interesting than her on her own. Saying that, I hope she's with Eva for the Asuka match next week for some shenanigans. If that's a straightforward Asuka-kills-Eva this early on, I'll be disappointed.

Main event was alright, I was trying to remember when I'd seen Joe vs. Apollo before but it was on the Newcastle show on the UK tour. Nakamura next week! I'm rewatching the Zayn match one more time because I can't wait another week to see him again. Guy's a star.

I got this email from the Network the other day. It's a lovely NXT poster. What a cracking set of stars they've got in NXT at the moment:

tunein_04202016_01.jpg

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Samoa Joe won the NXT Championship at a house show in Lowell, NJ last night. Rumours are abound that Finn Balor was injured, the ref threw up the X and Joe became champion one minute later.

Seems odd to do it at a house show unless Finn really was injured. Either that or they've decided to speed up that Balor Club idea.

That's crazy. Wow. Can't remember how to put stuff in spoiler tags so won't say anything else.

Nope that didn't work

Regardless, I think it's ace for a variety of reasons which if I could remember how to do the internet properly I'd go into but I can't so I won't

Edited by Harry Wiseau

• Awards Moderator

Be warned, that there spoiler is *everywhere*. WWE's Facebook article just popped up in my feed which is how I found out :-/

When does that become fair game? Probs not going to be on TV until next week at the earliest... Tricky to dodge.