NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

They missed a trick by having NXT Takeover Dallas in a small arena holding like 9,000. Given how quickly the other shows sold out they could have easily doubled that number in bigger arena.Ā 

Ā 

That said, next year they are putting it in the same arena as HOF/Raw.

Ā 

I think the main arena in Dallas had a hockey game the night of nxt. Everything else is of similar size.

Ā 

They missed a trick by having NXT Takeover Dallas in a small arena holding like 9,000. Given how quickly the other shows sold out they could have easily doubled that number in bigger arena.Ā 

Ā 

That said, next year they are putting it in the same arena as HOF/Raw.

I think the main arena in Dallas had a hockey game the night of nxt. Everything else is of similar size.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm sure the Tuesday & Thursday had the Hockey game not the Friday (not sure if anything else was happening in the arena that night though?).Ā 

• Paid Members

The transgender issue didn't really factor into it until it was inferred by others.

Ā 

Aries' is a nutter, but I have some sympathy. If Someone says 'I want to see your face smashed in' unprompted and gets the reply 'hope not, then I'll be as ugly as you', I'd say that's a fairly standard, playground insult fare.

Ā 

It's not gentlemanly, and it certainly doesn't mark him out as a good guy but twitters a cess pool and neither are 'victims'. It's not like that time Robert Huth went on a #cockornot troll.

Ā 

But, overall, Aries should just learn to not reply. He's never going to gain from it.

It seems like the trans person didn't say Aries was being transphobic but that he (the trans person, look at me and the correct pronouns!) got a whole heap of transphobic shit when Aries @ him.

• Awards Moderator

I've genuinely been counting down the days since last week's episode, when they announced Nakamura would be in action again. I got chills when he walked out. I don't think a debuting wrestler's ever had quite this effect on me. He's just awesome. The only issue I had was that Tye Dillinger got any offence in at all against him! How long before Nakamura's on again?

Ā 

Alexa Bliss was her wonderful wonderful usual self again this week. Alexa :love: Get Tessa Blanchard signed up and teamed with Charlotte as well, because if you've got two Horsedaughters, why not?

Ā 

It's great how unanimously popular Bayley is. I want her to get her title back.

• Paid Members

Crowd was eerily quiet (although quite small I guess) for bits of what was shown last night, considering where it was taped. That should be the hardcore of the hardcore there, shouldn't it?

Ā 

I presume they taught the lass who interviewed Finn & Joe to talk minutes before putting her on camera? She seemed to be really struggling with, you know, speaking.

Ā 

I'm just now ever so slightly disappointed that Nakamura's debut entrance didn't get the pose on the ropes in time with that second strings dive in his music. That would have been utter perfection, with the reaction it got then.

Nakamura is something special. If they find a way to ruin him on the main roster I'm gonna go full Dem Wan and buy tickets to throw shit at Roman Reigns.

Ā 

I've now seen three of his matches (I checked out one against Styles after he impressed me against Zayn) and he is one of my favourites going. Just commands attention and is a pleasure to watch

The silent crowds in the matches were absolutely dogshit. Just awful. I haven't read any spoilers but have they overloaded this week and next in order to get through them quicker? Because having watched them back they must have noticed just how bad they are. With the exception of the Bayley match (which wasn't anything special, unlike Bayley, who has got to be the best babyface created solely within the WWE system in what...10 years?) and Nakamura, the crowd were brutal.

Ā 

Aries will be a heel before too long I reckon. He's great at playing both, but the initial pop has dissipated substantially and he will have no problem playing the cunt for a year or so before the crowd start to turn him back like they're doing with Joe.

• Paid Members

I was surprised by the silent crowd too, they really detracted from the show. Nice to more of Shinsuke, but it just felt so much flatter than at Takeover, I was left feeling pretty disappointed by the match.

Ā 

The rest of the show was just there, it just felt like exhibition stuff for the Axxess crowd. How many weeks did they tape for?

Highlight of this week's episode for me was the exchange between Tom Phillips & Corey Graves on commentary at the start of Bliss vs Blanchard.

Ā 

Graves: "We should be talking about how great Alexa is"

Ā 

Phillips (quick as a flash): "Go right ahead"

Ā 

Graves: "..."

Ā 

The babyface play by play guy putting the heel color guy in his place is always a winner, like Monsoon & Heenan or JR & Lawler.

You don't get that with Cole & JBL.