NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Gah, fucking recap show this week! Plus the shitty Crews/Samson bout from before Takeover. Hate that. There is about 4 seconds of Nakamura promo worth seeing right at the end though.

Nak and Aries in action next week though. Not against each other ;) I presume these matches which someone said were taped at Axxess were taped the day after Takeover.

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, that pre-match Drifter segment where he tried to sing the song he'd written for the occasion was really good. He's extremely booable.

Watched Zayn vs Nakamura from Takeover again tonight. It's still absolutely fantastic, the whole thing's something really special. That pop when Shinsuke does his pose on the ropes! And yeah, his music's an earworm. It'll be interesting to see how he translates to a smaller audience next week.

Is there any particular reason why they would show a recap show following possibly their biggest and best event ever? Surely when they have a load of new eyes on the product they'd want to keep the momentum going, no?

• Paid Members

I enjoyed it. I'm not one for going back and watching whole events again so it was great to see highlights of the matches from Takeover. And with the blood-wiping removed, the drama in Balor-Joe really came across. Oh, and the Zayn-Nakamura match! I like that they do this kind of thing once in a while, it's a nice change of pace, like that time WWE got snowed in and did that show from Stamford.

They were a bit busy, all the crew being on the road through Tuesday?

Didn't they record some fresh material on Saturday or Sunday though? I'm sure my mate who was over in Texas posted something on social media about attending a TV taping or something?

• Paid Members

An NXT fall out show could have worked, catching up with each wrestler after their win/loss.

Saying that, I'm guessing it simply saves them money and time to throw a recap together.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi