NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Can anyone confirm whether Eva Marie was on these tapings? Getting a little worried that they moved her up quietly after the Mania match like Emma, although I haven't seen her on the TV yet. She absolutely HAS to be the one to undeservingly dethrone Asuka down the line....

• Paid Members

Did Aries brainbuster Abyss in TNA, or have I imagined that? He definitely did it on Bubba when he won the title, and pretty sure he's done it on Joe a few times.

Ā 

The Roaring Elbow is a decent 'secondary' finisher for him on the likes of Dawkins (although he's a smaller guy, he's always come across to me as pretty hard hitting) but I couldn't envisage him cold-cocking a Corbin or Joe with it, unless it's really well built/protected as a deadly precise misdirection strike.

Ā 

I'd imagine the Last Chancery will come into play when he gets into some bigger matches. He's used a 450 before too, IIRC - no-one's got that patented since Gabriel, although Styles did do the springboard one against Jericho and got a 2-count.

Can anyone confirm whether Eva Marie was on these tapings? Getting a little worried that they moved her up quietly after the Mania match like Emma, although I haven't seen her on the TV yet. She absolutely HAS to be the one to undeservingly dethrone Asuka down the line....

I believe she was on one of the tapings but she's been doing NXT house shows this week.

• Paid Members

She absolutely HAS to be the one to undeservingly dethrone Asuka down the line....

Ā 

Yes, this is what I'm worried about too. Seeing her called up for the WrestleMania match panicked me into thinking we're going to miss out on a genuine nuclear heat moment of her winning the title from Asuka. Seriously, that will be some spectacle if/when that happens.

• Paid Members

No it doesn't, sometimes the TV just takes a relax to do squash shows, other times you get story driven shows. It's fine. Nobody wants Takeover quality every week. The burn out would be fast.

True but you still need a hook and too often it doesnt have one. It probably doesn't need one because it's not on TV and it relies on the people who'll watch regardless but when we talk about it as being a great TV show - I'd disagree for the reason stated. It's always inoffensive but it's often not a great TV show because you just don't need to watch it.

Ā 

I've managed for 80% of the last two years just reading this thread.

Ā 

She absolutely HAS to be the one to undeservingly dethrone Asuka down the line....

Ā 

Yes, this is what I'm worried about too. Seeing her called up for the WrestleMania match panicked me into thinking we're going to miss out on a genuine nuclear heat moment of her winning the title from Asuka. Seriously, that will be some spectacle if/when that happens.

Ā 

Ā 

Of course alternatively she could take the WWE Womens Championship from Sasha Banks in a years time. At Mania!! Fuck. Although I'm not sure that would sit so well with me because Sasha.

Ā 

They wont do both.

Yeah, as an NXT newcomer, I really enjoy the fast paced approach and the squashes. Ā It would be a shame if it became a generic show where a "PPV" was considered nothing more than a slightly bigger version of the weekly show.

Ā 

I believe she was on one of the tapings but she's been doing NXT house shows this week.

Ā 

She was, against Asuka

Ā 

• Awards Moderator

Ā 

Ā 

They did Nakamura v Samoa Joe on a house show last night

What a waste.

That's how you figure out how two guys work together. It's how the business has always done it,you trial the match away from the cameras and figure out the reaction.

Ā 

It's (one of) the reasons we never got Hogan v Flair in the early 90s WWF, the house show matches just weren't working.