NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
What a waste.

Ā 

How is it a waste? It's a waste that they didn't save their first meeting for television or a TakeOver? That doesn't make any sense. When/if they decide to push that match on TV, do you think it makes any difference to people watching on TV that they've wrestled before on a house show because "ZOMG it's not a 100% fresh first time match"? It doesn't make the slightest difference. The excitement is not that the men haven't wrestled before, but that we've never seen them wrestle before, and the majority of fans watching NXT probably don't give a shit about house show results or look them up. Even then, I don't see how it would kill any buzz for the fact they're going to get to see that match for themselves, apart from the good folks of Incest, Nebraska who happened to attend that show. If anything, a house show is a dry run and their eventual televised match would benefit from the fact they've already been in the ring together.

Ā 

Seems an odd thing to complain about.

Edited by air_raid

Nah, Clinton's right. That match is ruined. Who on earth will want to watch it now?

Ā 

Seriously though, I'd rather a pair of wrestlers with that much potential chemistry wrestle each other 5 or 10 times on house shows before we got to see it, if it meant the eventual first TV match would be better for it.

Ā 

Look at how good those Joe vs AJ vs Chris Daniels matches used to be because they were so familiar with each other (oo-er).Ā 

Edited by Undefeated Steak

I have to say im a fan of nxt but just dipped my foot into the takeover shows and have always been blown away by the product but then forgot or just didn't get into the tv show.

Ā 

After this last takeover show i have made myself watch tv each week because as a show it is amazing.Ā 

The wrestlers are tallented as shit and the crowd just lap it up.

Crazy to think this is the same company that gave us wrestlemania this year

Yeah, exactly, Ash. The kind of nuclear reaction accident that gives us a goddess walking among mere mortals. You be quiet about Alexa, hallicks, I'll not have a word said against her. Not a word!

Ā 

:laugh: Don't get me wrong, she's great looking. It was just a very, very peculiar shade of brown verging on green this week.

• Paid Members

Only just seen the Jordan & Gable interview from the show after Takeover. Incredible stuff. I was as choked as Jordan towards the end. I've not been that emotional for a wrestling promo since I was 12 and Ric said "I'm gonna tell you all ... with a tear ... in my eye - this is the greatest moment in my life".

Ā 

Liam mentioned on SCG that they'd done a video package on them on a pre-Takeover NXT with old footage of them greco roman wrestling and stuff. Anyone know when that was?

Really good tag match between Enzo/Cass and American Alpha. I don't know long they plan on having the belts on American Alpha, but I think they could slot onto the main roster nicely right now. If they plan on making Summerslam another big show this year, maybe they'll be brought on RAW the next night.

Ā 

No Way Jose, yes that's his actual name, came out to...what's less than silent crickets? At least they did get into him a bit during the match.

Ā 

Austin Aries should be interviewed by JoJo only. At least that way he'll look bigger than someone.

Ā 

I struggled to get behind Crews' promo calling Samoa Joe a bully, mainly because he was showing off those pearly whites through the whole thing. He's just too dam smiley that he can't even portray the intended emotion.

Joe changed his shorts at some point too, he was wearing red when warming up and yellow for the match. Anyone would think this show is cobbled together from things that happen at different times.

The crowd seemed a bit more vocal on the whole this week but there were times in this match were they were completely silent, which is a shame as it was a good match. Nothing spectacular, but a decent TV main event