NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Doesn't seem like a spoiler at all to me since it appears this is how WWE wants us to find out. NXT have done this kind of thing before (when Aries debuted) and it didn't have any negative impact when watching if you already knew he was coming. Its mostly hardcore fans who watch NXT, so they use the Internet to hype certain things.

Ā 

In regards to the actual news, fuck that's crazy

Instead of people looking for reasons and loopholes as to why they don't believe it's a spoiler - like when someone on here last month ruined the result of Zayn vs Joe because they had read online that Zayn would face Nakamura at TakeOver and assumed it was common knowledge - is it unreasonable to ask that anything that happens on a Thursday night house show is discussed in spoiler tags for 5 measly days until the next episode of NXT tv airs?

Ā 

Surely a rule stating "Anything that has not been mentioned on the NXT tv show is a spoiler" is easy enough to stick to?

It isn't a case of looking for loopholes to get out of using spoiler tags. My point is NXT are changing the game in regards to information available on the Internet and using that to increase enjoyment of the show. This is clearly something they want everyone to know before the next show airs seeing as they have plastered it all over every social media they have. It's part of their hype machine designed to work for their target audience.

Ā 

Admittedly that would make it easy for things to get messy if people get confused defining the difference between a spoiler and what is actually promotion tactics.

Ā 

Personally I think the rules should change for NXT. If the information comes from a news site with a write up by a fan in attendance, it is a spoiler. If WWE actively make an effort to hype something before it being on TV, then it isn't a spoiler

Ā 

Edit: just seen there is a separate thread for this for anyone who wants to wait for this to be announced on TV. I think what qualifies as a spoiler should be discussed as they become more internet savvy, but to save any moaning best to do it in that thread instead

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Personally I think the rules should change for NXT. If the information comes from a news site with a write up by a fan in attendance, it is a spoiler. If WWE actively make an effort to hype something before it being on TV, then it isn't a spoiler

Ā 

Yeah, I made the same point when Linus got upset when it was said someone was debuting (canā€™t remember who it was now) and posted a link to the article on the WWE website about it. It wasnā€™t a surprise debut at tapings, WWE were actively promoting it.

• Paid Members

The current spoiler isn't a spoiler, because it's not one of those that is meant to air a few weeks down the line. In chronology terms it happened between this week's TV and next week's TV and will most likely be acknowledged on next week's TV.