NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Aries does seem a little lost in the shuffle, his promo rang true, there's just too many people coming in at once, Eric Young especially just seems one too many.

Ā 

I think he's gonna be going heel long term, he's just too much of a natural dickhead to remain a face. I agree he'll be fine once he gets something to sink his teeth into.

I was actually really impressed with Eric Young this week. I haven't seen him for probably over 2 years and I was never a big fan, but he's got a good look these days. Had a good match against Joe too.

Aries hasn't made the switch to wrestling to match his size. Like Tommaso Ciampa when he came in, he clearly fancies himself as a striker, but even in WWE developmental, he's really little. Gargano's most impressed me of the indy signups. EY has the look of a sparky brawler but I did cringe when he really built up to a move and all we got was a limp flying cuddle in the corner.

Ā 

I can see a stable on the horizon though. Aries has Superman themes all over the place, and EY had a mock Capt America logo.

Joe took a while to get in the groove but now hes doing his best work in ages.

Ā 

I have no doubt Aries can do the same but yes its a tough time with a lot of people coming in. His match and promo this week was definitely a step in the right direction.

Eric Young didn't show anything special in his match with Joe i.m.o.. He didn't get "his shit in".

On the contrary....I have no clue what EY's "shit" actually was in TNA nor am I actually interested to finding out now.

Ā 

He was just basically part of TNA's furniture for 10 years. A guy who was always there doing random stuff. I probably fast forwarded 75% of his career.

Always been a fan of Austin Aries though. I really hope he catches on.

Ā 

As of now, I'm not really digging to current phase of nXt. It is starting to remind me to much of TNA.

Ā 

dXx2zpH.jpg

Edited by LWOLeN

I imagine he's been brought in purely to work with the NXT guys. He could settle into a decent coaching role and work good TV matches.

I've nothing against EY, he's a solid hand and I respect him but it's a signing for the sake of signing. His look is atrocious though

I imagine he's been brought in purely to work with the NXT guys. He could settle into a decent coaching role and work good TV matches.

I've nothing against EY, he's a solid hand and I respect him but it's a signing for the sake of signing. His look is atrocious though

WWE should be really cautious when signing TNA faces.

Ā 

There are many reasons why the brand failed to get of the ground. It's not just only the booking, but many of the talents overstayed their welcome for the fans.

Ā 

Joe/Styles/Aries/Roode might have been the Benoit/Guerrero/Saturn/Malenko of TNA but Eric Young was more like Scotty Riggs or Disco Inferno level for me.

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members

LWOLen don't forget what NXT actually is, remember what its purpose is. It's not a promotion.

Ā 

Booking Eric Young is surely a good thing, helping him develop the guys coming through in NXT, much like Aries is clearly doing. They're not pinning their hopes on either becoming the next big thing or super worker. They're good hands to help with developmental.

Edited by PunkStep

LWOLen don't forget what NXT actually is, remember what its purpose is. It's not a promotion.

Ā 

Booking Eric Young is surely a good thing, helping him develop the guys coming through in NXT, much like Aries is clearly doing. They're not pinning their hopes on either becoming the next big thing or super worker. They're good hands to help with developmental.

Ā 

You reckon they had similar plans with Joe but he obviously stepped up and now they see him a credible draw as opposed to for development of others?

• Paid Members

Ā 

Exactly. Get a guy in who's been around, have him do some jobs. You can never have too many experienced heads.

Enjoyable show this week. The Drifter catching his guitar raised a smile.

Ā 

William Regal is so bloody good in his role, I love that character, no nonsense, fair minded authority figure that does not hog any screen time and big foot the Wrestlers.

Ā 

The energy American Alpha bring is way off the charts.

Roode now seems like the most logical choice. Hopefully this can be the catalyst for turning Aries in to a more smug unlikeable role where he excels.

Ā 

It was nice to see Nakamura at Full Sail after the Axxess shows took the wind out of everyone's sails. Balor had quite a bit of intensity this week which I felt he has lacked so it was a welcome surprise. All round good show.