NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Have to say though. I'm not a big fan of his finish.

I'm sold on it now. At Takeover the camera angle wasn't great so you couldn't see what he really did, but I like it now I've seen it a few more times. Like a superkick but with his hard knee crashing into his opponents skull instead.

Much prefer it to the KENTA/D-Bry running knee finish.

• Paid Members

I'm sold on it now. At Takeover the camera angle wasn't great so you couldn't see what he really did, but I like it now I've seen it a few more times. Like a superkick but with his hard knee crashing into his opponents skull instead.

I really liked the Bryan Knee but I think you make a great point on the angle it's shot from. The Takeover one was pretty shocking but I will say this week's on NXT was much better than that. I'm sure they'll get it down shortly.

He's wonderful! Absolutely joyous to watch but I still think Vince will be disgusted and confused just looking at him, though.

Yeah, if it's up to Vince then he is putting Nakamura under a mask before he ends up on the main roster, as well as tweaking a lot of what Nakamura does.

I was reading somewhere a few weeks ago that Vince doesn't get a lot of the recent call-ups, so I really doubt he would get why (nearly) everyone loves Nakamura.

I really liked the Bryan Knee but I think you make a great point on the angle it's shot from. The Takeover one was pretty shocking but I will say this week's on NXT was much better than that. I'm sure they'll get it down shortly.

It depends on the guy taking it as well.

the first time I saw it, I was like "what the hell was that?!" But when he does it to Triple H at 'Mania 30, its very explosive, which looks very cool

There are some Divas who are just naturally suited to being a babyface or a heel, and I can't buy into them if there are in the wrong position: Heel Alexa Bliss is the one I'm noticing right now.

When she debuted as a babyface skipping down the ramp with a huge smile, there was still plenty of work to do but she was a likeable underdog babyface.

But 2 years since debuting, she has spent an entire year as a baddie now and I think she is too nice to portray an evil, angry woman who bullies the women she wrestles despite being a fraction of their size (as she has in her last 2 televised matches against Blanchard and Ellering).

Miss Elizabeth and Molly Holly are other examples of nice babyfaces who were not convincing as angry heels. Likewise Melina, Francine, and more recently Charlotte were not suited to being friendly babyfaces in my opinion.

• Paid Members

I like Nakamura, but my mrs thought the ring announcer introduced him as 'Shitstain Nakamura' and now I just can't shake that. It's stuck with me. I also am not completely sold on that finish. It's one of them where it can look cool or crap depending on positioning.

I've said all along that The Drifter gimmick is the shits, but it's getting big reactions so fair fucks to him.

Much improved performance from Finn on the mic this week. Not sure I am arsed about another match with Joe though.

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, I'm wondering if the next Takeover is going to be a bit too rematch heavy. At the moment it looks like we're heading for Finn-Joe, Bayley-Asuka and Alpha-Revival rematches from Dallas. They'll all be good but I wouldn't mind something different.

With Balor stressing the point in his promo that their previous matches "could have gone either way" and Joe yelling "I went through hell to get this belt" I am expecting some kind of stipulation.

2 out of 3 falls, Ironman, first blood, would all work with the storyline - but I'd really look forward to any kind of gimmick match involving those two: cage, ladder, whatever.  :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Yeah, good call. It's actually the perfect situation to utilise a feud-ending gimmick match and that would likely get me invested in seeing them go at it one last time. Seems very well set up for 2/3 falls or a 30-minute Ironman. Those matches have been used to great effect in NXT previously and haven't been played out on the main roster shows like ladder matches have.

• Paid Members

I've just realised that this is NXT we're talking about, so there's probably already episodes in the can with this situation resolved. I'm backing out before we get into spoiler territory, it takes all the fun out of following the shows.

I like Nakamura, but my mrs thought the ring announcer introduced him as 'Shitstain Nakamura' and now I just can't shake that. It's stuck with me. I also am not completely sold on that finish. It's one of them where it can look cool or crap depending on positioning.

My missus said the same thing calling him Shitstain, she also asked if there was a forum for girlfriends to take the piss out of wrestling that she could join