NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Pronunciation is all relative, you can't pick her name up and ignore Ah-soo-ka which is worse if you play the say what you see rule. Nia is fine the way it is, especially if you look at her cousin's original ring name Miavia which isn't me-ah-vee-ah.

Pronunciation is all relative, you can't pick her name up and ignore Ah-soo-ka which is worse if you play the say what you see rule. Nia is fine the way it is, especially if you look at her cousin's original ring name Miavia which isn't me-ah-vee-ah.

It wasn't Miavia.

How you might pronounce her name is the least of her worries.

She needs locking in a room with Vader tapes for six months until she understands what aggression is. Also, while I can't actually think of a "better" look I'd go with, I hate her current ring gear. She looks like a Space Empress from a 70s sci-fi film who's lost her shiny helmet. She looks like she's dressed to go to a Comic Con event, not about to have a fight! The current stuff is slightly better than the Evil Teletubby outfit she debuted with, but it still really needs sorting out.

It wasn't Miavia.

You're right, I'll blame a brain fart and not double checking. Consider me corrected.

• Paid Members

She needs locking in a room with Vader tapes for six months until she understands what aggression is. Also, while I can't actually think of a "better" look I'd go with, I hate her current ring gear. She looks like a Space Empress from a 70s sci-fi film who's lost her shiny helmet. She looks like she's dressed to go to a Comic Con event, not about to have a fight! The current stuff is slightly better than the Evil Teletubby outfit she debuted with, but it still really needs sorting out.

I was thinking about this, and I think I'd go with something a bit more akin to what the had for Awesome Kong/Kharma. Go a bit more Mad Max (which is what I suppose they've attempted), but maybe more The Road Warrior than Tina Turner. If she could get the aggression down she could be a huge deal, but I can't see it in the near future.

Oh, and fucking hell her music is so irritating, and in no way intimidating, which for a big dominating lass would be what you want surely?

What? Why? It definitely should be 'Nigh-er'

Have you actually met anybody called Nia who pronounces it Nigh-er?  I know loads of Nia's and they all pronounce it Nee-er.  In fact, the only Nigh-er I know of is Nia Jax.

I was thinking about this, and I think I'd go with something a bit more akin to what the had for Awesome Kong/Kharma. Go a bit more Mad Max (which is what I suppose they've attempted), but maybe more The Road Warrior than Tina Turner. If she could get the aggression down she could be a huge deal, but I can't see it in the near future.

Oh, and fucking hell her music is so irritating, and in no way intimidating, which for a big dominating lass would be what you want surely?

Yeah I remember her waiting for her music on Breaking Ground and oddly she seemed okay with it. I would have gone back and said no thanks.

Have you actually met anybody called Nia who pronounces it Nigh-er?  I know loads of Nia's and they all pronounce it Nee-er.  In fact, the only Nigh-er I know of is Nia Jax.

I've never met a Nia, but when I saw the name spelt out it seemed the 'right' way to say it was Nigh-er. Can't really explain why though :D

How do you pronounce the name Pia?
Bowler.

Brilliant.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

I think what they're going with there is that, despite being bigger and stronger than most of her opponents, she's still feminine, even girly, with a poppy theme like many of the other women.