NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Meh, NXT uses slot more rock music than the main shows do and BabyMetal are very much the in-thing. They split opinion in the metal world, from people who don't get it and then moan that it's not 'true' metal and think it's a serious act or people who just like the novelty value of them. If you don't take them totally serious, they're enjoyable enough from a novelty standpoint

what was with that Aussie tag team? They debut by cutting a promo announcing they're going straight for the top of the NXT tag division, commentators put over all their accolades, and then they lose to what I'm pretty sure is still non-contracted talent? what's all that about? not that fussed as their promo didn't come off that well to me at all, and didn't appear much more than solid in the ring to me, but it's still a weird one.

i'm sure it pops a small arena of clapping doofuses, but No Way Jose is just so bad. I'm almost certain nothing worthwhile can come of this, even after The Drifter pleasantly surprised me

don't think Alexa splitting from B&M helps any of them? I liked them being present for her matches, two smug cowardly male wrestlers who interfere on women's matches could've drawn some great heat. now what are we gonna get? Blake VS. Murphy? pass. the two of them released? would be a shame. although typing this out I realize they'll likely fill out one of the main rosters in not too long, presumably doing fuck all

Shinsuke at this point is just objectively the best human being. superb segment

• Paid Members

Really like this video teaser for Andrade's debut too.

This is La Sombre, right? He was the top guy in Mexico before WWE signed him, wasn't he? Haven't seen him before, hopefully he doesn't go the way of Mistico.

Either Blake or Murphy cant remember which one is getting knee surgery hence 'splitting', I'd imagine they'll be a team again when he's healthy.

I liked Team BAM they reminded me a bit of MNM and had some great matching ring gear, Iron Man, Freddy Kruger to name a few

Edited by The Cutting Edge

Good little episode of the B-listers (except Nakamura of course).

TM61 (awful name) are definitely a team of two halves. It was as if WWE really wanted Shane Thorne but he insisted he'd only come in with his shit mate. Pretty bland CAW look, but Shane's got clear charisma, a good physique, athleticism and great facials. With all that and his tattoo, they should stick him in a team with Ricochet. Miller can go back to All Star.

Still waiting for Aries' breakout moment. Hopefully that'll come at Takeover.

Lots of little bearded guys in NXT at the mo. They should bung Aries, Young, Gargano and Ciampa in a stable. A mini brawling swarm. The Barbarian Horde or something.

Hate Carmella. They're chucking everything at her to get her over as a face, but she's just an American try-hard with nothing to her. Love Alexa. Her offence can be a bit sloppy but she really worked the cowardly bitch shtick well, and her full-body weapon moves suit her size and define her from the pack. Jax actually seems less confident than when she first came in. She's kind of stuck because the "big is beautiful" idea would work in a BeAStar way, but wrestling psychology pretty much dictates that the bigger opponent has to be heel. But then you can't single her out for her size because that's discriminatory. She could do with being more crazy, doing the narcissism gimmick and going psycho when the opponent goes for her face. Right now, she's distinctive but bland at the same time.

Good hype for the title match at Takeover with those vignettes bookending the show. It's called The End but I don't know which way it'll go.

Regrettably true. I want Carmella to be more over than she is because she seemed decent on BG, she was a great part of Enzo and Cass' act, and she's Bayley's mate. With Beefcake I resented him as a hanger-on. But he got over anyway. Doesn't seem to be taking for her. Might be worth just getting her up to the main show with the lads.