Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It'd still be better than the last Hogan/Savage match.

Can't be any worse than Hogan Warrior at Halloween Havoc 98.

I think Sting'd need a new squadron and Taker's down a few members for the Ministry of Darkness. Who would we have instead? For a Sting Taker singles match there'd be 3 spots I could think they'd be almost obligated to do:-

A tombstone attempt gets reversed into a scorpion death drop (attempt) 

A hell's gate escape into a scorpion deathlock

A Stinger splash gets reversed into either a last ride, snake eyes or a tombstone when Taker catches Sting in the corner. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Can't be any worse than Hogan Warrior at Halloween Havoc 98.

I think Sting'd need a new squadron and Taker's down a few members for the Ministry of Darkness. Who would we have instead? For a Sting Taker singles match there'd be 3 spots I could think they'd be almost obligated to do:-

A Stinger splash gets reversed into either a last ride, snake eyes or a tombstone when Taker catches Sting in the corner. 

Undertaker attempts a tombstone. Can’t hold even Sting’s weight and buckles.

“Lateral press…”

39 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

GIF didn't work. 

VinceMcMahon.orgasm 

Edited by Undefeated Steak

21 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

WWE loves shortening wrestler’s full names … including the latest subject, Mustafa Ali. 

Pro Wrestling Sheet had heard from sources that Mustafa would soon have his name shortened and now his WWE.com profile reflects that — as it simply lists his name as Ali. 

Mustafa has also changed his handle on Twitter to reflect the name change.

Ughhhhhh so stupid.

Isn't this because all WWE fans are racist and boo him because of his first name?

9 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

WWE were in talks with Sting at the time and the plan was for him to face Kurt Angle, but obviously that fell through and Kurt ended up lumped with Kane.

Weren't they also in talks in 2011 too? If I remember correctly, they were trying to do Sting vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27 and WWE bought the rights to use a Metallica song. The were going to get 'Seek & Destroy' to use as his entrance music as his WCW music was a rip off of it. But when Sting signing fell through they still had the rights to use a song so Triple H ended up using 'For Whom The Bells Toll' instead for his entrance as not to waste it.

Could be bollocks though, like.

3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Weren't they also in talks in 2011 too? If I remember correctly, they were trying to do Sting vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27 and WWE bought the rights to use a Metallica song. The were going to get 'Seek & Destroy' to use as his entrance music as his WCW music was a rip off of it. But when Sting signing fell through they still had the rights to use a song so Triple H ended up using 'For Whom The Bells Toll' instead for his entrance as not to waste it.

Could be bollocks though, like.

He used the actual song in wcw a top off in TNA. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, simonworden said:

He used the actual song in wcw a top off in TNA. 

When I saw him at the WWA show he used Seek & Destroy as well. It was a live version for some reason. It also turned up on that WCW album. I think it was around the time they were trying to use Crush 'Em by Megadeth as Goldberg's theme. 

• Paid Members

I would LOVE to see that! We've all heard so much about that match and how it effectively fooled Vince as to McGhee's potential.

(Was it definitely spelt "McGhee"? Could've sworn it was "Magee".)