Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

12 minutes ago, chokeout said:

John Oliver simply ignored the facts.

The piece was literally just facts. 

It's pretty simple, really. Either your guys have proper employment status or they don't. They don't. 

Proper catty rebuke that will hopefully prompt a response. For all the guilt it can make you feel for supporting this shit, you long for the day WWE actually meet their match in the media. Dry news reports were just never able to do it. This seems different. 

I'm sure it could all blow over, but I don't want it to. About half a billion from the Saudis over the next few years, right? Let them haemorrhage bad PR. Have some of that.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Somewhere in Pittsburgh Jerry McDevitt's spidey sense is tingling. You know he is going through the transcript of the show to see what he can use in a lawsuit. 

Have WWE ever actually won a lawsuit against a big (non wrestling) company that have the money and legal skills to tell them to fuck off?

It's a devastating piece, and by all rights should get a lot of traction.

But this is WWE, and Vince - they genuinely seem teflon-coated, as if the expectation of sleaze is such that nobody outside the wrestling bubble still cares.  Since the #metoo movement started I've been waiting for the spotlight to end up on WWE, genuinely one of the sleaziest companies in history for treatment of women but it hasn't happened.

The WWE has no defence on the issues of employment - it's a cut and dried case to me.  I'd love to know why the IRS has never taken an interest over the years.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

The WWE has no defence on the issues of employment - it's a cut and dried case to me.  I'd love to know why the IRS has never taken an interest over the years.

Probably because of the cushy road agent job

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, chokeout said:

Have WWE ever actually won a lawsuit against a big (non wrestling) company that have the money and legal skills to tell them to fuck off?

The PTC is about the only one I can think of, and then they made it easy for them. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

In the 'some people really will pay for anything' category:

Joey Ryan is selling pictures where you can touch his dick for $30 and wrestling Twitter apparently thinks this is the greatest thing in the world.

I think it's fairly well known that a lot of Wrestling Twitter is questionable at best. I don't really want to bring up Bayley Fan Izzy again